The Rat (Disgusting Creatures) by Elise…

The Rat (Disgusting Creatures)

by Elise Gravel

I love this book! It teaches about rats in a fun and comical way. The author includes scientific information about rats and also includes silly examples through illustrations. I really like how different this non-fiction book is from others. ( )
  celutz8191 | Oct 16, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The Rat (Disgusting Creatures) by Elise Gravel packs a lot of information in its pages and includes colorful images and punchy commentary. My daughter enjoys looking at the fun pictures of the Rat, and some of the large words are easier for her to notice, which makes a teachable moment for her to learn new words. While some of the information may be too much for kids in one sitting, after a few reads, kids will learn more an more about rats.

Read the full review: http://savvyverseandwit.com/2014/09/the-rat-by-elise-gravel.html ( )
  sagustocox | Nov 22, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Gravel has written and illustrated another cute and funny book which serves sort of as an introduction to nonfiction for kids. It may be a bit confusing for the very youngest kids, but my five-year-old likes it just fine. The illustrations are excellent. ( )
  waitingtoderail | Nov 9, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I love this simple book about the rat. I especially love that this rat is a girl rat. The illustrations are fun, colorful, and not scary for little ones and the true facts are easy to digest... just enough text to be perfect for preschool age kiddos who love non-traditional animals. It's also a delightful crossover between fiction and nonfiction. I'm definitely going to check out the rest of the "disgusting critters" series. ( )
  StefanieGeeks | Sep 18, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Felt like this one got off to a slow start and skirted opportunities to give us more information-for example, what kind of diseases do they spread? ( )
  kimpiddington | Sep 15, 2014 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Elise Gravel's book The Rat was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,941,724 books! | Top bar: Always visible