Homeland: Saul's Game: A Homeland Novel by…

Homeland: Saul's Game: A Homeland Novel

by Andrew Kaplan

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really enjoyed this book and think that the author knows quite a bit about his subject. I thought that there might have been a little too much overlap with the plot of the Showtime series but that's probably to be expected. I love Homeland and this novel was an excellent accompaniment to the cable show. ( )
  dketelsen | Dec 20, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was slow to start, but once I got into it, it was quite an enjoyable page-turner. ( )
  eggsnhm | Nov 25, 2014 |
HOMELAND: SAUL’S GAME by Andrew Kaplan
There is probably more truth in this book than fiction. The world of spies is always wrapped in deception. Churchill said that in war the truth must be accompanied by a bodyguard of lies.
In the war against al Qaeda, deception and lies are a way of life for Saul Berenson. He is the master composer, creating a masterful story to catch the enemy off guard while spotlighting the double agent who feeds the enemy with the CIA’s plans. Deeply embedded in his deception, Carrie Mathison becomes the spearhead of Saul’s super-covert mission to stop a plot to start a bloody war.
Top notch suspense … wonderful characters … a mind-twisting plot … Andrew Kaplan rocks! ( )
  RLJM | Nov 5, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really enjoyed this book, fast paced and well written. I have never seen the show so I did not know what to expect. I enjoyed this book so much and highly recommend it to others, that I ordered the first book. This book felt like it was torn from the front pages of the newspaper.
Carrie a CIA spy being used by Saul her boss to find the mole who has been leaking information to the Al-Qaeda terrorists. Well done, I hope you will write more of the Homeland series. ( )
  therealjim | Oct 20, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a good book by Kaplan and I really enjoyed reading it. The characters and the themes were compelling and well done. There is a complexity to the work that some will enjoy and others may find a little daunting. Enjoyed it.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the Isms" "Wesley's Wars" and "To Whom It May Concern" ( )
  whoizme8 | Oct 20, 2014 |

Leading a mission to capture master terrorist, Abu Nazir, CIA operations officer Carrie Mathison discovers a dangerous threat inside the Agency in this thrilling second official prequel novel to Showtime’s Emmy Award-winning hit series Homeland.

Damascus, Syria, 2009. Carrie Mathison is leading an operation to capture or kill al Qaeda terrorist, Abu Nazir. But arriving at the compound where he was supposed to be in hiding, they find it empty. Carrie is sure that someone is leaking CIA information to the enemy and has betrayed their operation, seriously threatening American interests in the Middle East. To expose the double agent, her boss, Saul Berenson, devises an elaborate ruse that will send her on the most dangerous mission of her life.

This twisting tale of international intrigue takes fans deeper into the intense world of high-stakes espionage, and explores never-before-seen details of Carrie’s life as an operative in the Middle East, Saul’s past as an agent in Iran, Brody’s dark childhood and captivity, and events involving the trio—and other favorite characters, like Dar Adal—that will lead them to the present.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:23 -0400)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Andrew Kaplan's book Homeland: Saul's Game was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,988,034 books! | Top bar: Always visible