Olympus Confidential (Plato Jones) by Robert…

Olympus Confidential (Plato Jones)

by Robert B. Warren

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I started this book soon after I got it, but it just never hooked me after a few chapters so I put it down (so many other books I really wanted to read). However, inasmuch as it's the second in the series, and I haven't read the first, plus the fact a few reviewers have said that it gets better as it goes on, I will put it at the top of my TBR pile for March and try again. Once I've given it another chance, if I manage to finish it, I'll change this review and rate the book. (I don't believe in rating a book that I haven't finished; I believe that is cheating and very wrong.)
  Storeetllr | Feb 28, 2016 |
It took me a long time to read this and I'm not entirely certain why. It's one of those situations where I seem to like it well enough but I have a hard time keeping my attention focused on it. I seem to get the worst cases of "ooh shiney" when I'm reading it, for lack of better terms. For now I plan on continuing with the series. Plato is engaging and I want to find out where things go between him and Helena. I'm also curious about how Fenris fits into a story that is so much about greek gods; that alone would probably keep me coming back. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

When a band of super-powered humans stirs up trouble in New Olympia, Zeus knows just who to call. Wisecracking private investigator Plato Jones is used to cleaning up the gods' messes. But this might be his most dangerous case yet, placing him deep behind enemy lines, in Tartarus Maximum Security Penitentiary. After infiltrating the enemy's organization, Plato inches closer to the truth. But he learns a hard lesson along the way: to defeat a villain, he might have to become one himself. Olympus Confidential skillfully weaves humor and Greek mythology into a fast-paced fantasy adventure. Whether new or returning to the Plato Jones series, fans of thrillers, contemporary fantasy, and Greek mythology will have a tough time putting this one down.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Robert B. Warren's book Olympus Confidential was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,350,112 books! | Top bar: Always visible