Zaya HC by Jean-David Morvan

READ IN ENGLISH

Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

I received a free copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Publication Date: September 1st 2014

I'd seen Zaya a few times on Netgalley and had always almost requested it, but something was holding me back. But when I saw some very positive reviews about it I changed my mind and decided this might just be something for me after all.

Zaya is a retired assassin and mother of two. But in her business retirement is never final (unless you're dead) so when The Spiral (the organization she worked for) asks/forces her to accept a final mission, she doesn't have much of a choice. However, that might not even be the most dangerous thing lurking in space.

I'm not completely sure how I feel about this book. There were parts that really interested me while with others I had a very hard time concentrating. The cover is very beautiful, if you ask me, but the rest of the art work was just okay for me. I've seen things I liked better. The story is interesting but a lot happens at once, making it sometimes hard to follow exactly what's going on. It's definitely original, though I'm not sure it's book for everyone. ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |
This collection tells the story of our heroine, Zaya, a conceptual sculptress who also works for Spiral as an agent. Her life goes through many changes in this episode through no fault of her own.

The story takes place on various planets and deals with terrorism and a lot of fighting. The artwork is reminiscent of Philippe Druillet in places and is detailed and well-executed. It also has a manga feel to it. The drawings are very busy which sometimes makes it hard to follow the action in fast-moving scenes in the digital edition.

Highly entertaining and well-constructed, I would recommend this comic collection to anyone who likes well-produced work, story and art.
  PaulAllard | Dec 9, 2015 |
Recensione su: http://wp.me/p3X6aw-sg
Review at: http://wp.me/p3X6aw-sg ( )
  Saretta.L | Feb 21, 2015 |

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:57 -0400)

Zaya tells the story of secret agent in the distant future who left her post to seek a normal life as an artist and mother. When a biomechanical threat destroys an orbiting colony station and former fellow agents start dying, she is called back into the field to find and stop the danger. Her investigation leads to many questions about her own past, filled with explosive revelations.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,543,928 books! | Top bar: Always visible