Angel of Mercy: a Matthew Cruze…

Angel of Mercy: a Matthew Cruze Investigation (Volume 1)

by Tim Knox

421,664,912 (5)None
Recently added bycebellol, Ermina, lexiesmom, doseofbella

In this era where reality television is almost routine programing Angel of Mercy hints at the concept of where it might one day go.
I love a good mystery. I enjoy trying to solve it, am excited by all the twists and turns the plot takes and the best part for me is getting the answer wrong. I hate the predictable. This book hits all of the high points that make a mystery my favorite genre.
A reality show pays the estate of a terminally ill person a large sum of money in exchange for being permitted to film the doctor assisted suicide. The star of the show is a doctor who had been accused of being an angel of death. A newsman who had already penned a book covering the criminal case and firmly believed in the doctor's guilt is contacted by the show's producer and offered a huge sum of money to help write the star's autobiography. He agrees and it's while he is watching the filming of an episode that things start to get crazy.
The author makes the characters real. The hero (Matthew Cruze) is likable, a man I wanted to see succeed. The bad guys are delightfully evil. They are so very easy to hate, each for their own personal flaws.
The book is a hit and I am already looking forward the next book ( )
  lexiesmom | Sep 9, 2014 |
Angel of Mercy (A Matthew Cruze Investigation)
By: Tim Knox
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing
Reviewed by: tk
Copy Courtesy of Goodreads First Reads

Matthew Cruze a reporter for the New York Times is invited to attend a one hour televised reality show featuring assisted suicide. As the plot thickens he begins an investigating of the mysterious deaths of terminally ill patients. Yes, mysterious in that to many deaths in a short duration of time. Is it just possible that these cancer patients may have survived a few more days, or is there some reason the lives may have been terminated.
His diligence in this investigation leads him once again to Dr. Adrian Zoebel who is now the lead in an assisted suicide reality show "Angel of Mercy". When the good doctors friend, working partner, nurse, and ex-lover is found dead in her apartment; is it suicide or something more. Matthew will not rest until he knows the truth.

Tim Knox brings a controversial topic to the fore front in the form of a suspenseful who-done-it. Amazing story about assisted suicide, heartache, and the extent that people will go for their loved ones. Would you help someone move on, end their suffering and pain? My mother begged me for days to help her. "Kill Me Please!" , was repeated over and over. I was spineless, and heartbroken. My father passed quietly, and within only a few short hours.

A fabulous read. A wonderful addition to your library. 5/5 ( )
  doseofbella | Aug 4, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,856,173 books! | Top bar: Always visible