An August Bride by Debra Clopton

6/16 Brandon and Kelsey ( )
  librarymom6 | Jun 3, 2016 |
Book Summary: Kelsey Wilcox has had enough of cowboys. After the last one broke her heart, Kelsey traded in her boots for flip-flops, and the open range for a bistro on the beach. Her life on Corpus Christi’s gorgeous beach might be a little lonely, but at least it’s heartbreak-free. At least until her cousin’s beachside wedding bucks Kelsey right back into the rodeo. When unlucky-in-love Brent Corbin packed his groomsman’s tux for his friend’s wedding, he brought his boots and belt buckle with him. Brent isn’t exactly looking for love, but when he sees what appears to be a mermaid in distress, he jumps right in to rescue her. So Kelsey finds herself plucked from the sea—and certain-drowning—by a gorgeous groomsman . . . in soaked cowboy boots. She’s quick to say thanks, but no thanks. Brent dedicates the weekend to pursuing Kelsey—and Kelsey spends the weekend trying to deny an obvious match. She’s as stubborn as a wild horse, but Brent’s determination may tame her yet.

Review: I found the story to be readable although I had trouble getting into the storyline. It was slow going for me at the start If Kelsey was that distrustful of cowboys than she would have needed a lot more time to before she gave Brent a chance. I liked Kelsey but never really connected with the story. It was an interesting idea to match a now city girl with a cowboy, the very type of man that Kelsey dislikes. The secondary characters were the best part of the story Aunt Mae and her friends. They were a hoot! I liked the book better as it progressed. Kelsey started to unbend and her dislike of cowboys decreased. Really like this novella format.
I would like to thank Net Galley and Zondervan Fiction for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone. ( )
  Robin661 | Feb 19, 2015 |

A year's worth of novellas from twelve inspirational romance authors. Happily ever after guaranteed. Kelsey vowed never to love a cowboy again. But then she meets Brent.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,594,138 books! | Top bar: Always visible