Tuesday's Child by Fern Michaels

Tuesday's Child (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Fern Michaels, Laural Merlington (Reader)

Member:tweety1234
Title:Tuesday's Child
Authors:Fern Michaels
Other authors:Laural Merlington (Reader)
Info:Brilliance Audio on CD (2012), Edition: Abridged, Audio CD
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Library

Tuesday's Child by Fern Michaels (Author) (2012)

Fern is one of my favorite authors.

I enjoyed this book - I kept waiting for the other foot to drop in this book. It didn't happen that way. I just wanted something more out of it. It was lacking something.

The book did keep my interest but was just ok - nothing special although I did enjoy reading about Hawaii and books with dogs always make me smile.

I just get tired of books with people with so much money that they can do anything. Maybe I need a new group of authors to read of people struggling financially.
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
Tuesday's Child by Fern Michaels
Things always go from bad to worse on Tuesdays. The whole book comes down to the day of the week, in the most important of things that happen.
Mikala was just about to retire but the one case she lost the defender walked in and declared he had killed his wife. He wants her client to have all of his estate after he's dead within a weeks time. Sophia has been in jail for 10 years now.
When Sophia is released it's up to Kala's law firm to get her the money that is deserved her and to prosecute the lawyer who brought this to trial.
Love the travel, and mostly the familiness of the 4 orphans. Love to hear how their lives have progressed over the years.
Loved hearing how she spent her first days free from prison.
Both sides are going through and over all the testimony, transcripts, evidence, etc. to try to figure out who's to blame for the death.
Kala is now planning on marrying her retired judge Ben and living in Hawaii. They have hidden Sophia til things settle down.
All of Sophie's friends from the orphanage are together, contemplating the reunion with their friend.
Just when you think the end is near something else happens to make you think, wow this could really happen and just when things are figured out, they are not really.
Out of the hundreds of books I've read since Jan. 2012 this is the best by far on so many counts.
The travel, the sincere emotion while reading this, the familiness of the orphans and because of the way the characters are introduced they are not confusing and overwhelming because there are quite a few of them.
One of the two best books I've read since Jan. out of hundreds. ( )
  jbarr5 | Jul 25, 2013 |
Fern Michaels writes an excellent story of Sophie Lee, Kala Aulani and Audrey and Adam Star. The legal aspects of this story are well written and keep the reader turning the page to see what happens next. I highly recommend this book to all who are fans of Fern Michaels. ( )
  CandyH | May 16, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It described the relationships of all the parties involved very nicely. It centered arould the owner of a law firm and a client. It had a spectacular ending. Please read!! ( )
  rphalliburton | Oct 19, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was somewhat disappointed in this Fern Michael's book. The plot was very thin and the story could have been told in two chapters. There was a lot of unrelated dialog that was written seemingly only to make the book into a novel rather than a short story. I kept reading only to see if something was actually going to happen besides the predictable and it never did! ( )
  lillituth | Aug 20, 2012 |
Mikala aulani, defense attorney, sitting first chair in the case of State of Georgia v.Ssophie Lee, couldn't believe what she had just heard. She felt like she was carved in stone and in a time warp all rolled into one. She wanted to say something, but her tongue wouldn't work. She saw the foreman of the jury holding the paper he had just read from. She had seen the tremor in his hand and known immediately what he was going to say. And that was not going to be good for her client. She had seen his blank expression. Now she heard the words ricocheting around inside her head, over and over and over.

On the eve of her retirement, Georgia attorney Mikala Aulani is as vivacious and vibrant as ever, eagerly anticipating a happy future with her partner, Ben. But if Kala has learned anything in thirty-five years of practicing law, it's that the truth can always surprise you. And when Adam Star turns up at her office, confessing to the long-ago murder of his wife, Kala must return to a notorious case that has never stopped haunting her. Ten years have passed since young nurse Sophie Lee was accused of murdering her wealthy patient, Audrey Star. Kala defended Sophie and had no doubt of her innocence - or of Adam Star's guilt - but the prosecution convinced a jury otherwise. Sophie was convicted on a Tuesday - the day on which every significant event in her life, good or bad, seems to happen. Now, on the verge of his death, Adam exonerates Sophie and also leaves her a huge fortune in atonement. Released from prison, Sophie retreats to Kala's house and tries to evade the media frenzy that surrounds her. Kala is determined to help her client make her way back into the world and adjust to her new wealth and freedom. Yet for both, there are still revelations in store - about the nature of redemption, the strange workings of fate, and the power of forgiveness. And most of all, about the secrets that hide in every heart - even those we think we know best.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:01:34 -0400)

When nurse Sophie Lee, who has spent 10 years in prison for a crime she did not commit, is exonerated and released, she retreats to her attorney's home to avoid the media frenzy that surrounds her and must learn how to make her way back into the world and adjust to her freedom.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Tuesday's Child by Fern Michaels was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,131,168 books! | Top bar: Always visible