When Darkness Ends by Alexandra Ivy

When Darkness Ends

by Alexandra Ivy

I enjoyed this book. Strong character and storyline development. Cyn and Fallon, two strong willed individuals, make intriguing and captivating characters. I'm sorry to see this series come to an end. ( )
  BookJunkie777 | Oct 16, 2016 |
To say that the hero ad heroine didn't get along would be an understatement. In fact, the frustrating hero is the only being who is able to push the normally peaceful and calm heroine to the point of violence. Every time he opens his mouth she wants to smack him. She finds him to be insufferable- a man whore who has slept his way through a vast number of the female popular. And she's vowed not to be one of the many-even though he is super sexy and she gets butterflies every time he's near. The hero is turn feels quite the same way towards the hero. He thinks she is stuck up, a prude and far too beautiful for her own good. But he realizes quite early on that his edgy unsettlement around her is due to his own suppressed desires. Now they suddenly find themselves tossed together by the Oracles who need their help to stop a Druid from using a spell to close the gateways of the world and therefore kill all of the demon and Fae kind. The heroine has always been the dutiful princess who listens to her father and does what's required of her for the good of the people-even if it means marrying a man she does not love-or even like. But being swept from the seclusion of her world has sparked something within her. It's started a fight-a desire to be who she wants to be and do what she wants to do, even if it means being exiled from her people. With the hero she feels powerful and needed, not just as a possession but as a woman. And suddenly the man whom frightened her most of all-the man who could possess her heart and own her like no other man ever could- is the man whom she will risk everything to love. This book is an example of paranormal romance-and romance in general, of the present market. It's okay. There's nothing truly 'wrong' with it per say and in fact, I would qualify it as decent. But...there's no soul. It's lacking true heart in a way that resonates after reading some truly amazing books by some of the greatest authors. Kresley Cole, Gena Showalter, Nalini Singh. These woman put poetry and passion into their novels and as a result it resonates with me for years to come. This book, though okay and decent enough, is not something I will remember a few months down the road. I found the love affair to be rushed. The characters went from disliking each other to the hero claiming her as his mate seemingly over night. There wasn't much of a plotline or any story that I felt was interesting or exciting. Just...meh. The reason I rated it a 2- besides for the fact that I did like some parts of the story- was the memory of the horrible book previously in the series. The toned down scenes with that annoying freaking Gargoyle was a blessing and as such, it pushed the rating higher in my opinion. Overall it was an okay read. I don't recommend you buy this book but if you should find in at a thrift store or it's given to you from a friendship it won't be a complete waste of time. ( )
  Eden00 | May 14, 2016 |
What a wonderful end to a wonderful series. Everyone happy, settled and finally safe from all the evil machinations of the villains. I could say Cyn and Fallon are my favorite couple but that would be a lie because every one of the couples in this series are my favorite.

Dante and Abby with their amazing story of survival. Shay and Viper, deadly on their own, lethal together. Darcy and Styx, the beauty who tames the beast. Anna and Cezar, each the others anchor. Jagr and Regan finding solace in each other after their tortured pasts. Salvatore and Harley, a ray of hope for each other and their species. Tane and Laylah, brave and protective, facing every danger together. Jaelyn and Ariyal, complete opposites but oh so right together. Caine and Cassie, sane together in the insanity surrounding them. Nefri and Santiago, a refuge for each other after the betrayal from one they trusted. Roke and Sally, whoever said witches and vampires don't mix was crazy. And of course Cyn and Fallon, finding a place to belong in each other's arms.

Let's not forget Sophia and Luc, Victor and Juliet, Valla and Elijah, Gia and Damon, Uriel and Kata and the wonderful Levet who played the role of cupid in getting most of these amazing characters together. I wish he could have found his soulmate but I guess he and Yannah were not meant to be.
This has been one of my favorites so I am sad this series has ended but all good things must come to an end. Bravo! Alexandra Ivy, may all your future offerings be just as magnificent.

Free eARC copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
  Ash_P | Mar 8, 2016 |
**I received an ARC of this e-book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.**
-----------------------------
Cyn, the vampire clan chief of Ireland, is an unabashed hedonist whose beauty is surpassed only by his insatiable appetite for pleasure.

Most women may be all but powerless against Cyn, but Fallon, a sharp-witted fairy princess, is less than beguiled by the silver-tongued vampire.
-----------------------------

Another terrific installment in the Guardians of Eternity series! Beauty and the Beast meets vampires & fae... Cyn is only trying to help a friend be with his mate, unfortunately the Oracles have other plans. Siljar "kidnaps" Cyn & Fallon by transporting them without their knowledge, an swears them to secrecy regarding the task she sets upon their shoulders - a task which forces them to work together no matter their personal feelings for each other.

I love the depth of character Ivy produces, and the strong (normally sarcastic) female protagonists that populate her stories. If you've read any of this series this book will not disappoint. And, if you haven't read any of this series - what are you waiting for?! ( )
  absolutartist1 | Jul 1, 2015 |
Cyn, chief of the Ireland vampire clan and Fallon, a Chatri Fairy princess, are recruited by an Oracle to investigate suspected foal play.

When Darkness Ends is a fast-paced novel that kept me on the edge of my seat.

I enjoy Cyn’s character. He is extremely knowledgeable. He is a fierce warrior who defends those in need. I love how protective he is of Fallon.

I like Fallon. She is tired of being used as political leverage. She is resilient and honorable. She fights for what she believes is right.

I love that gargoyle, Levet, is once again part of the story. The little guy cracks me up. I find the annoyed reaction of all the vampires to him amusing.

The plot was mysterious and fascinating. It had a lot going on that keeps you enthralled.

I really adore the Guardians of Eternity series. The characters are all well-developed and interesting.

Complimentary copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  dlynch | May 25, 2015 |

Transported from the magical land of the feys to his desolate medieval castle, Cyn, the vampire clan chief of Ireland, meets his match in a sharp-witted fairy princess who, immune to his charms, needs his help in stopping someone from closing the veil that separates the dimensions.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,552,475 books! | Top bar: Always visible