Fatale, Volume 5: Curse the Demon by Ed…

Fatale, Volume 5: Curse the Demon

by Ed Brubaker

Series: Fatale (5)

The final volume in the Fatale series, Curse the Demon ends the story of Josephine. It’s more or less a satisfying conclusion in that all the pieces appear to be tied up, but I guess I am too much of a romantic to appreciate this ending. After eluding the demon monsters for so many years, Jo finally figures out away to defeat the boss, Somerset, but it does require the sacrifice of those closest to her.

So although I enjoyed the stories leading up to this finale, I wasn’t overly impressed with how it ended. It felt like the author had boxed himself into a corner and simply wanted to bring the series to a complete end. Although everything wasn’t explained fully, my take on Josephine is that she became cursed when she first escaped from being sacrificed, and through that curse became the temptress.

My two keywords for this series are weird and fun. ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | Aug 10, 2016 |
The finale to Fatale wasn't quite as compelling as some of the other books in this series but the entire series is excellent. Three stars for this book and four + stars for the series. ( )
  Unkletom | Dec 22, 2015 |

The final book in the epic FATALE saga by Brubaker and Phillips. All the threads have come together, and the mysterious immortal Femme Fatale Josephine has one last chance to escape her fate.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,811,849 books! | Top bar: Always visible