500 Ways To Write Harder by Chuck Wendig

500 Ways To Write Harder

by Chuck Wendig

202515,329 (3.5)None

I got this book from the NaNoWriMo Story Bundle, and overall it was pretty good. Fast-paced, with several really useful advices about the world of writing and self-publishing, plus a couple of motivational phrases. I thought that the jokes got old really quickly, but considering that pretty much the entire book is a compilation of blog posts, I think I can live with that.
A good book for those who plan on writing more often, either for publishing for a living or just for fun. ( )
  aryadeschain | Jul 24, 2015 |
Previous to [b:500 Ways to Write Harder|21980317|500 Ways to Write Harder|Chuck Wendig|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1398218205s/21980317.jpg|41290862]I'd never read anything by Chuck Wendig, and I still may never. But if you're looking to kick start your writing habits, Wendig has the weirdest, most energetic, and, well, most kick butt ways of telling you to write...harder. Yes, harder.

It's a fun, foul mouthed list of 500 thoughts, insights and ideas to help the budding writer. Wendig divides the 500 bite size thoughts into lists of 25, dealing with character, ideas, stories, publishing, agents, critics, editing, and more. Truth to tell, I didn't really read this straight through. Rather, I have it on my mobile phone and iPad, and I would pull it out between...stuff. Outside the elevator, waiting in line, and on the porcelain throne. I'd read a couple of Wendig's "ways to write harder" and recharge my motivation to write, be awesome, and to create. I'll keep it on there, too, because writing doesn't seem to get easier, just better, with practice.

The 500 ways all seem to have one thing in common: write, write, and write more. Reading a book about writing is not writing. Writing is writing.

Which is why this review is shorter than as is typical for me. I'm going to go write.

PS. When I say "foul mouthed," I really do mean it. Wendig likes to cuss. ( )
  publiusdb | Jun 4, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,427,750 books! | Top bar: Always visible