Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Anthology for Analysis and Performance: For Use in the Theory Classroom
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0199857237, Spiral-bound)Including Western music from the medieval period to the present day, Anthology for Analysis and Performance: For Use in the Theory Classroom provides a vast repertory of scores for study in the music theory class. To make music theory relevant to students, the anthology contains musical examples that students will know from their individual performance studies and can perform live in class. Author Matthew Bribitzer-Stull includes pieces that students are familiar with to help them connect music to theoretical concepts on an aural and intellectual level as they learn how music works. A detailed index serves as an invaluable resource for instructors wishing to locate specific compositional materials and techniques.
* A standard anthology for core music theory courses or analysis-and-performance seminars, with a wealth of additional scores for further study
* Instills a sense of relevance to musical analysis by drawing upon works commonly studied by high-school and undergraduate students in ensembles and private lessons
* Features the most exhaustive index of compositional materials and techniques of any anthology on the market
* Promotes material from the wind, brass, and percussion repertory
* Includes techniques for working analysis-and-performance into the undergraduate classroom, as well as citations to additional analysis-and-performance literature
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:05 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.