The Advocate's Felony by Teresa Burrell

The Advocate's Felony

by Teresa Burrell

I am having a great time reading this series. The characters become richer with each book. She has created suspense and intrigue with complex story lines. Teresa gives us everything we want in a mystery novel and nothing we don't want. Sabre Brown is a real heroine with lots of complexities, yet she is also a simple down-to-earth woman who gets herself into believable situations. In this book, we learn a little more about Sabre's family and meet some new characters. The story is exciting and unpredictable until the very end. Lots of fun to read. ( )
  LilyLaruso | Nov 17, 2014 |
Sabre's brother has been in the witness protection program for the past 7 years. Now he has contacted her because someone is after him. Sabre wants to help him and protect him. After she takes her mother to safety she looks for Ron, her brother. Now they both are running.

I liked this story. While it is part of a series, it reads like a standalone. I knew who the characters were and could tell if they were following their personalities or not. The characters were well developed and defined. I liked how unusual characters were brought into the story. It was different and could make for some future story lines.

The mystery was good. I did not figure out who the murderer was until it was explained to me. This is a quick read. I will read more of the series. ( )
  Sheila1957 | Oct 1, 2014 |
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
I found myself engrossed in all the twists and turns of the plot of The Advocate's Felony from the very first page. Quick moving and very absorbing, the story takes us on a wild ride as Sabre Brown tries to help her brother escape the trail of danger that follows him.
This is the first book in this series that I have read, but it won't be the last. ( )
  iris3039 | Sep 29, 2014 |
This is one of the most engaging books I've read in a long time! The book grabbed me within the first few paragraphs and didn't let me go until the end. It was an adrenaline rush the whole time.

A big trigger for me is unbelievable scenes. This book did have a couple of scenes that stretched the boundaries of believability but yet they didn't seem to bother me like they might have. I loved the book despite these little glitches.

The Advocate's Felony is #6 in the series but the first one I've read. I liked this one so much that I'm going to go back and read books 1-5. ( )
  bpreed | Sep 18, 2014 |
Sabre Brown receives a call in the middle of the night from her brother, Ron, who has been in the witness protection program for years. Ron believes someone is trying to kill him and he tells Sabre to get their mother and go somewhere safe, they may be in danger. Sabre and her private investigator, JP, race to try to find the person who is either trying to kill Ron or set him up for a string of murders before something horrible happens to Ron.

Teresa Burrell has done a great job in the latest installment of her series. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and had a hard time putting it down. ( )
  amcreech | Sep 10, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Teresa Burrell's book The Advocate's Felony was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,557,611 books! | Top bar: Always visible