One Night of Sin by Elle Kennedy

One Night of Sin
4 Stars

When their eyes meet across the dance floor of a nightclub, sparks fly between former MMA fighter Gage Holt and Skyler Thompson. Always a good girl, Skyler decides to throw caution to the wind so when the opportunity arises to seduce the none to willing Gage, she grabs it with both hands. Gage knows there is no future for him with Skyler, but she makes him want to forget the dangers from his past that lurk just around the corner. Will Gage and Skyler be willing to fight for what they want?

A short, steamy and surprisingly sweet story.

The novella format does not allow for a great deal of plot development or characterization. Nevertheless, Kennedy does an admirable job with the limited space as both Skyler and Gage as well as the secondary characters are well fleshed out. Gage’s troubled upbringing and feelings of responsibility toward his younger sibling go a long way toward explaining his communication and trust issues. While Skyler’s past is not as detailed, there is still a sense of realism to her background.

The romance between Gage and Skyler is the real focus of the story and boy does it sizzle. Kennedy certainly knows how to write a sex scene, but still manages to convey the growing sense of intimacy between the couple.

My one nitpick with the book is the overly easy and anti-climactic resolution of Gage’s conflict with MMA fight organizer and his thugs.

In sum, this is my first Elle Kennedy book and it will absolutely not be my last. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Nov 19, 2016 |
I am enjoy these fantasy romances with the hard, damaged, successful sexy "alpha" male and the sweet, demure, gentle girlchild woman, but sometimes I wish they would really talk to each other. I know it would shorten the book, but it does get annoying to think such otherwise normal people can't communicate and build a healthy relationship. Or at least be honest about their hangups. It's like we're still in high school. Other than that, this was an interesting story and I did like the hook at the end, where at least one person faced her problems and talked with someone. ( )
  susanbeamon | Sep 21, 2014 |

A sexy category romance novella from Entangled?s Brazen imprint?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,568,140 books! | Top bar: Always visible