Dreams of Perfection by Rebecca Heflin

Dreams of Perfection

by Rebecca Heflin

751,138,814 (4.4)None

Darcy is looking for perfection in a man. Josh has loved her for years but he's her best friend. Now a perfect man that has come from the pages of her romance novels appears. And he's a doctor and a humanitarian. How can Josh compete with that?

I enjoyed this story. While there is some sex, this is a sweet romance. Darcy thinks she has found the perfect man and the perfect romance with Dr. Blake Garrett. He's stepped right out of her current romance novel. Everything she's written about him is what he is in real life. He does not even get mad. I felt about him like the reviewer in the book--too good to be true, therefore, he is boring. I liked Josh. He is not boring. When Darcy finally opens her eyes it may be too late for her. They both need to communicate better. I did like that Darcy asked questions but she also jumped to a lot of conclusions.

The story was fun. I liked the background of New York as well as the bonding that goes on over Yankees' games (not my team.) It gives a New York flavor to the story. I liked the secondary characters. I will be keeping an eye on Gloria, Darcy's agent and godmother. I wonder if she'll be in the next story. A good romance with fun characters who get their HEA. ( )
  Sheila1957 | Mar 28, 2016 |
Dreams of Perfection by Rebecca Heflin is a 2014 Soul Mate Publication.

I have had this book in my TBR pile for a while, and I admit I had forgotten what the book was all about when I finally got around to reading it. So, I was delighted to learn this a friends to lovers romance with just a little touch of magic....

Darcy is a successful romance novelist on the brink of turning thirty. She is almost in full panic mode thinking she is never going to find Mr. Right, Mr. Perfection, but she also refuses to lower her standards and just settle. So, she has been on flurry of blind dates, all them epic fails.

However, she does have two of the best friends in the world, Laura and Josh. But, while Laura is her BFF, unbeknownst to Darcy, Josh is in love with her, has been for years, but he sits by and contents himself with their close friendship, hoping that someday Darcy will see what has been right under her nose the whole time.

But, the outlook seems rather bleak for Josh, when out of the clear blue sky Darcy meets a doctor who is an exact clone of the doctor/hero in her latest, soon to be released novel, all the way down to the scar on his forehead.

He's Dr. McDreamy and McSteamy all rolled into one, he is the very definition of perfect and Darcy is bitten, smitten, and totally enthralled. Yet, in the back of her mind is little smidgen of doubt, because the handsome, too good to be true, doctor's kisses doesn't quite ignite the feelings Darcy was expecting. Still, she is all in with the handsome doctor, while her other relationships stumble and limp along tepidly, and Darcy heads for a full blown meltdown.

I love the confident billionaire CEO, the boy next door who walks little old ladies across the street, the hot chiseled military hero or firefighter who pulls babies out of burning buildings, making me sigh and swoon, but nothing, but nothing is sexier than the regular guy out there who works hard, paid his dues, is great with kids, and is in love with his best friend. A guy who is not perfect, but is about as close to it as you are ever going to get in reality, which makes him the hottest and sexiest hero of them all. That was Josh. Mr. almost Perfect. But, Darcy will have to open her eyes in her own time and way, and it's when she believes she has found the epitome of the perfect man and he fails to rock her world, she discovers that everything she ever wanted, ever needed, or ever would need was right there in the palm of her hand all along.

Darcy never allowed herself to think of Josh as anything other than a really good friend. So, some blame does have to rest on Josh's shoulders for how things got the way they did. So, although Darcy is the character who develops the most in the story, Josh also comes a long way too, making a difference the lives of others and finally taking charge by acting on his feelings for Darcy.

I felt bad for Laura, and loved the banter between she and Josh, which made it seem like they didn't like each other, but of course the opposite was true. Hopefully, Laura will get her own story someday and put her horrible parents, especially her sexist father in his place.

I loved this book, loved all the characters, the development, the friendships, the magic in the air, and of course a super sweet and perfect HEA ( )
  gpangel | May 6, 2015 |
Dreams of Perfection by Rebecca Heflin
Darcy, a romance author strikes out again with yet another date. He's all wrong for her and he thinks baseball is boring, she does not.
She talks to her best friend Josh Ryan and he also realizes her bio clock is ticking away as she's almost 30.
When he was 21 he wanted her but she turned up engaged the next day, which didn't last long.... amazing her new boyfriend turns out to be exactly like the man she's written about in her new book, even down to the scar on his face.
Love the charity work and unexpected trips to new places. The story goes back in time to when she really turned to Josh
and he had turned to her....she tries an experiment with Josh....urgent hot steamy sex scenes.
Unexplained appearances are mysteries that will allow the story to continue... Others works from the publisher are excerpted at the end.
I received this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  jbarr5 | Dec 22, 2014 |
Contemporary, Romance

Darcy Butler is a best-selling romance author that is holding out for the perfect man like the heroes that are in her books. Darcy was once engages but now she is now is dealing with a commitment phobia after the traumatic ending of her engagement. It is also getting in the way of the one thing she wants most her own happily-ever-after. Now she is six months away from her thirtieth birthday and doesn’t have a Prince Charming.

Josh Ryan is a successful lawyer with a soft spot for the less fortunate. He is also Darcy’s best friend without the benefits. Darcy goes to Josh lamenting her love-life or lack thereof and Josh is there for her and doling out his sage advice. The only problem is that Josh is in love with Darcy.

Now Darcy thinks she has finally found her perfect hero when she meets a man that has the handsome face of the hero in her latest book that is soon-to-be released. She is convinced her dreams of perfection have come true. Or have they?

This is a fun friends to lover story with well developed characters. The humor help the story move along well. While some readers will wish for things to move a little faster between Josh and Darcy it is still a good story. The characters are very relatable and down to earth. There are some slow areas but nothing that truly bogs down the story. It is also the start of series that should prove to be interesting and will hopefully give readers a chance to revisit the characters from the other books. ( )
  lrhubble | Aug 17, 2014 |
Is there really such a person as Mr. Perfect?

Best-selling romance author Darcy Butler is about to turn thirty and she is on a quest to find Mr. Right, but he has to live up to the perfect standards of Dr. Blake Garrett, the fictional hero that she has created in her latest romance novel. When Darcy's fictional hero literally comes to life, she thinks she has found her perfect Mr. Right, and will finally get the elusive happily-ever-after ending ... but along the way she finds out that finding perfection isn't exactly what she had dreamed of, especially when the real Mr. Right has been in front of her the whole time.

In Dreams of Perfection, the first book of the Dreams Come True Series, author Rebecca Heflin weaves an entertaining romantic story set in NYC that follows one woman's search for the perfect Mr. Right, a best friend's unrequited love, and the realization that the perfect true love was always there waiting in the wings.

Dreams of Perfection is an engaging romantic tale that has a wonderful mixture of romance, humor, and drama that easily draws the reader into Darcy and Josh's story. The author has created a realistic cast of characters who are fun to get to know: best selling romance author Darcy Butler and her best friends snarky ad account executive Laura Armstrong and the boy-next-door attorney Josh Ryan. These fun-loving characters' quirky friendship provides a lot of laugh-out-loud moments that keeps the reader in stitches as their relationship is filled with drama, mishaps, misperceptions, and humorous trials and tribulations. This is a thoroughly enjoyable romance story that leaves you wanting more.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that the author had me hook, line, and sinker with her inclusion of Darcy and Josh's passion for Yankees baseball. As a diehard Yankees fan who has sat in the low level field seats in the world famous Yankees Stadium, I loved, loved, loved the rich descriptions of the sights and sounds that accurately captured the true essence of Yankee baseball.

I look forward to reading about Laura's story in Ship of Dreams, the second book in the series.

Dreams of Perfection is a fun lighthearted romantic tale about friendship and finding true love that will give you a warm and fuzzy feeling and leave a smile on a your face.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author / publisher in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Goddess Fish Promotions.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2014/08/dreams-of-perfection-by-rebecc... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | Aug 7, 2014 |

Rebecca Heflin is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,394,956 books! | Top bar: Always visible