Bad Apple's Perfect Day by Edward…

Bad Apple's Perfect Day

by Edward Hemingway

Best friends Mac the apple and Will the worm, who first appeared in Bad Apple: A Tale of Friendship, return in this second picture-book devoted to their adventures, this time planning a day of fun at the watering hole. When they discover that the dry weather has turned the watering hole into a mud pit, they adjust their plans accordingly, involving all the other apples in a game of mud city. Then the rain comes, and they must adjust again, retreating to a tree hollow and telling stories. Whatever happens, these friends manage to have fun...

Like its predecessor, Bad Apple's Perfect Day pairs an engaging story with colorful, appealing artwork. I appreciated the message, implicit in the story, that we ourselves, and the attitude we bring to the world around us, have quite a bit of influence over what sort of day we will have. I also liked the use of imagination here, as Mac and Will tell fantastic stories to their friends. Recommended to anyone who enjoyed the earlier book about these two friends, as well as to anyone looking for children's stories about making the best of circumstance and creating our own fun, regardless of what happens. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Jul 21, 2017 |
Nothing can keep Mac and his wormy pal, Will from having a great time when they put their imaginations to work. Cheerful, fun friendship story. ( )
  Sullywriter | May 22, 2015 |
This was a sweet story. I think students really benefit from stories like this because anybody can have a bad day.
  barbarashuler | Mar 11, 2015 |
This is a cute little book that help's children learn to make the best of things. Mac-the apple and Will-the worm start out with high hopes for a fun day. Nothing goes right, but they make the best of their day anyway. ( )
  dorthys | Feb 28, 2015 |
Read on August 20, 2014

Cute illustrations, but the story didn't seem to flow to me. However it's good to see Mac and Will turn all the bad in their day into adventures and fun. ( )
  melissarochelle | Oct 12, 2014 |

What can you do with . . .

a dried-up watering hole,
some mud,
and a thunderstorm?

Just ask Mac and Will! When these unlikely friends’ fun plans go awry, they show how a day of unexpected ups and downs can still be a perfect day—all it takes is a little imagination.

The stars of Bad Apple, A Tale of Friendship are back, making new friends by looking on the bright side.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:33 -0400)

Mac the apple and Will the worm set out for a perfect day at the watering hole, and although little goes as they plan, friendship, imagination, and a sense of fun make everything turn out fine.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,743,147 books! | Top bar: Always visible