The Pandas and Their Chopsticks: and Other…

The Pandas and Their Chopsticks: and Other Animal Stories

by Demi

This book has great 1-2 page folktales from Asia that are tailored for young kids. The illustrations are mixed media and are set in Asia using Asian animals and style of art. There are 10 stories that all have a moral to them such as "Be Generous. it brings happiness to everyone," which is stated at the end of every story. This story is good for transition use or for a quick lesson about a problem happening in class such as pride or not believing in your abilities. I could use this for any elementary age. The pictures make it enticing for younger kids and the morals of the story are tailored to aeound 2nd grade through end of school. ( )
  hdalesky15 | Feb 12, 2017 |
This 28 page book is broken up into short (2 page) fables, each with a lesson that follows. The book is bright and stunning with illustrations on each page and borders that go with the stories as well. I loved the Pandas at the beginning and all of the lessons are insightful and understandable.

The illustrations were simple yet interesting and the pictures of the animals were fun. Some of the tales I liked the most were: The Kite on a String,The Helpful Hummingbird, and The Owl's Hoot.

I think this is an interesting way to teach a child these worldly lessons, but it can also just be read as tales to enjoy. ( )
  sszkutak | Feb 11, 2015 |
An excellent book of fables for children. Easily understood and beautifully illustrated. The lessons here are simple enough for even little ones to understand. Illustrations are a major enhancement to that understanding. Perfect read aloud in a library or classroom.
Read from NetGalley ( )
  librarian1204 | Jan 12, 2015 |
This is an adorable book of fables for children. The Pandas and their Chopsticks by Demi is one of those books that children will want to have read to them over and over again. It is written in easy to understand words and the moral of each story is at the end in red.

Each story is has a different border. The story about the pandas and their chopsticks is surrounded by pandas in different poses on the two pages. The illustrastions are colorful and playful. It would make a welcome gift for a child.

I received this book from the publishers because of a win from FirstReads but that in no way influences my thoughts or feelings in my review. ( )
  Carolee888 | Oct 16, 2014 |
Wise little lessons, smooth easy-reading two-page stories, clear fonts, bright colors, and every border a different sure delight; what more could you ask from a smart hard-backed story-book to be shared with small children? Combining the savor of Aesop with the whimsy of Peter Rabbit, Demi’s The Pandas and their Chopsticks, and other animal stories, is a genuine delight. Each fable takes two short clean pages. Each telling is bright and light. And each is illustrated with vivid colors, genuine artistry, and pictures full of visual intelligence and appeal. Colored borders with animal figures make favorite stories easy to find. And every tale ends with a simple wise moral, perfect for bedtime telling and those quiet lessons remembered before sleep.

Some of these stories might illustrate familiar concepts—the pandas' generosity that helps everyone for example; others offer wisdom you might not have seen so brightly told before, as with the faults that follow “unless we do something to leave them behind.” But all are bright and new, refreshingly told, a pleasure to read and a treasure to own.

Which story do I love best? I really can’t say. The humble ocean perhaps... the wily fox... You’ll have to read them and choose your own favorites, as I’m sure you will.

Disclosure: I was offered a free copy by the publishers and I offer my honest review. ( )
  SheilaDeeth | Aug 7, 2014 |

Presents ten animal stories, each containing a moral lesson, including the importance of being humble, the dangers of being too proud, the importance of generosity and sharing, and how everyone, no matter how small, has a part to play in life.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,642,361 books! | Top bar: Always visible