Man of Her Dreams by Teresa Blue

Man of Her Dreams

by Teresa Blue

421,664,912 (4)None
Recently added bywyvernfriend, LolaKarns

Teresa Blue's contemporary romance is a fun and sexy romp bringing together a hero and heroine from very different walks of life. Leslie comes from a tight knit family, one that threatens to become smothering after Leslie breaks off her engagement in the first scene. Jay's mother abandoned him while he was a teenager. Since then, he's been on his own, trusting no-one and keeping the world as far away as possible from his damaged heart. When Leslie takes refuge in the cabin next door, Jay finds her hard to resist. Although the two walk around each other like crabs ready for a fight, neither can deny the strong connection they have. Will either be willing to let down their defenses long enough to let love in?

I love how Blue incorporated almost mystical elements in her book. Mr. Jingles, Leslie's childhood doll, becomes a repository for her emotion and plays a key element in several scenes. Jay's mother is a Tarot card reader of dubious psychic skill, but an expert at reading faces. The author does a terrific job of playing with the human desire to believe. I also loved Leslie's eccentric family, especially her father Earl. The end of the book hints at new stories featuring these characters and I hope we'll see more of them, especially Leslie and Jay.

I received an ARC in exchange for honest review and I'm glad I did. ( )
  LolaKarns | Jul 6, 2015 |

I received an ARC in exchange for honest review and I'm glad I did. ( )
  LolaKarns | Jul 6, 2015 |

Leslie Stone stumbles upon her fiance cheating with the maid of honor just days before her wedding. Determined to put distance between them, she heads to the family's cabin in Sleeping Falls, Michigan. Unfortunately, her car barely hit the city limits before breaking down. And with no money for repairs, the scrolling marquee above the biker bar advertising a mechanical bull riding contest seems like a perfect solution. Jay Westfield learned at an early age to avoid women who chase the limelight. After all, his mother had been the star attraction in Harvey's Traveling show. The minute Leslie clears the door in cut-offs and skimpy tank top, things heat up. She's on a mission and he wants no part of it. The last thing he expects is the attraction he feels seeing her on the back of Old Iron. Add in a squeezy rag doll named Mr. Jingles, the colorful antics of newfound friend, and the renowned tarot-card reader Madame Luella. Leslie's about to discover in order to find the man of her dreams she must be willing to believe in magic. Sensuality Level: Sensual''Teresa Blue is an action writer, with a great descriptive voice.'' --Rosanne Bittner, award-winning historical romance author and recipient of the Romantic Times Pioneer Award… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,016,942 books! | Top bar: Always visible