The Body Electric by Beth Revis

The Body Electric

by Beth Revis

[Beth Revis] does it again with [The Body Electric]. In this futuristic world things are not always what they may seem. Ella is miserable due to the death of her father and the impending death of her mother. She just wants to be happy and make her mother happy. Unfortunately there are dark secrets hidden that will turn her world upside down.

If you have been wise enough to read the [Across the Universe] trilogy (and if you haven't you should, NOW) you will recognize the wonderful writing style and storytelling as well as references to Godspeed. [Revis] imagines a dark yet hopeful future. She does a magnificent job of showing both the good and evil of the human spirit. ( )
  MsHooker | Jun 7, 2015 |

This book has made it to my very few science fiction favorites! I really enjoyed reading it, don't know why it took me so long to start it!

The main character, Ella Shepherd, is the daughter of two scientists whose work has intrigued those who mean to use their work for harm. The story has a strong plot, and don't get me started on the twists! I don't remember being thrown off guard by twists like in this book! If you are into technology of the future, conspiracy theories, and humanity, this is a must read!

~*ARC, kindly provided by NetGalley and Scripturient Books, in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!*~ ( )
  xKhuloodx | Mar 9, 2015 |
Bubby: Just when I thought that I'd read every possible incarnation of the "Young Adult Dystopian Novel", along comes The Body Electric. Yeah, it has all the elements that you would expect, including the boyfriend issues, the absent/ill/dead parent(s), and the improbable girl who saves all mankind inadvertently. But it's got some new stuff too - the technology is pretty impressive and the storyline is interesting and well written.

Sissy: What Bubby said. Plus there's so many little twists and turns, you never know who's who or what's what or if Bubby is really a clone...Read full review at www.bubblebath-books.com ( )
  bubblebathbooks | Dec 1, 2014 |
OMG I just love that blurb!

I LOVED Beth Revis' "Across The Universe" trilogy and this one? I wouldn't miss it for the world!

Ahhhhh. Another book to look forward to. :D
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,618,790 books! | Top bar: Always visible