The Inner Path: A Guide to Living a More…

The Inner Path: A Guide to Living a More Mindful, Fulfilling and Spiritual…

by Geoff Bell-Devaney M.Ed.

Received this book from Member GIveaway group. This book confirmed what my heart was telling me about finding purpose and happiness by going within myself instead of searching for fulfillment from the outside. Now the work begins as I take the inward journey. ( )
  sandih7 | Oct 8, 2014 |
This book was a bit hard for me to read being somewhat repetitive and occasionally going into cliché. It made me want to argue with its content. I think it would have benefitted from more detail and more concrete examples of personal behavior. I disliked how the book presumed to know what I, the reader, thought, and how I act. The narrative made me into a stereotype and then presumed to correct the way I think. Yet, the ideas presented in this book were good, if somewhat simplistic. The best part of the book was definitely its conclusion, one that was easy to understand yet profound. ( )
  SqueakyChu | Sep 23, 2014 |
A very insightful book about discovering our inner path, learning to accept and understand our true selves, learning to accept our fears, strength, and inner peace by accepting and acknowledging our flaws. I like how the author explains on how to react in certain situations, and lets the reader assess the entire picture of what's going on before trying to overreact. I simply enjoy reading this book. The author has a way with words, powerful enough to convey his words and teachings to readers. ( )
  princesskhym | Aug 31, 2014 |
I have to say I really loved this book and plan to recommend it to my therapy clients! A wonderful read that I will even be referring back to time and time again. It is wonderfully inspirational and motivational. I give it 10 stars! ( )
  authorhollynewhouse | Aug 26, 2014 |

"This book clearly explains how we can discover our true selves and our true path. In easy to understand and applicable ways, the author shows how we can live a more awakened life in every moment. It is of tremendous benefit to anyone wanting to better know themselves and experience a richer and more meaningful life."

"An essential and insightful guide to finding greater happiness and inner peace..."

-----------------------------------

As we begin embracing our inner reality, we will grow in awareness and equanimity. We will begin associating ourselves with "the watcher", that part of us that is of unlimited depth and compassion. That part of us that is able to mindfully observe our fears and desires rising up and, instead of helplessly reacting to them with no profitable aim, use them as a way to grow in wisdom and compassion.

As our acceptance of these and all other elements within us increases, we will lose sight of the temptations that for so long have brought us comfort, and instead find salvation in the simple act of holding our own hand, as it has always been held by the universe, down that long and often dark path that we call ourselves.

As we embrace ourselves and begin accepting all of our emotions, we will open our hearts to joy, sadness, and the entire experience that is our life. In so doing, we will discover a more spiritual life; one of greater authenticity, happiness, and connection.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:50 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,235,411 books! | Top bar: Always visible