Magic Shifts by Ilona Andrews

Magic Shifts

by Ilona Andrews

Really great series. The audio is fabulous!

Exceptional! Remarkable! Mind-blowing! Magnificent!

Can you tell I am a fan? What can I say. This series has captured my heart and pulled me into its breathtaking world and kick-ass characters.

I love it when I find a story that pulls me in deeply, that I am taken on an adventure so intense and full of life that I feel like I am there with our characters, fighting along side them, crying when something sad happens, and smile’n when everything works out. That is what this book and the whole series does. It takes me away on an unimaginable adventure!

Kate and Curren. I love them. They fit so perfectly as a couple. Just watching them grow and work to become a stronger team and couple is glorious. It was great seeing Curren trying to find his place outside of The Pack. He is smart and a quick thinker. Kate is as kick-ass as every. I just love how knowledgeable she is. It’s not that know-it-all vibe, it’s that confident, I have the information needed to solve this dilemma. I also like that we get to see a vulnerable side to her, just not the kick-ass part. The Andrews writing team do a marvelous job in growing the characters and progressing them along.

As for our plot. Some very weird things are happening in Atlanta. Weird people are coming out of the woodwork, people who Kate thought where friends are no more, and sides are being taken all leading us to the ending battle. Our enemy, that the characters had to deal with in this one was interesting. I did not figure it out, on what or who, our enemy was until it was reveled to our characters. Well done!

I am looking forward to seeing what happens next in this exceptional series. If you have not picked up the Kate Daniels series then you are missing out. I highly recommend this series!

angels_gp | Apr 26, 2018 |
I loved this book and this series overall is one of my very favorites. The authors do such a great job of letting the characters grow and change, and still interact with authenticity while dreaming up some of the best urban fantasy takes on different aspects of world culture and mythology with every book, magic wave, and flare. It is truly amazing to behold the creativity of this team. ( )
  RivetedReaderMelissa | Mar 22, 2018 |
I only pick up an Ilona Andrews book on a day off because once I pick it up, I can't put it down until the very.last.word. Magic Shifts was no exception. I picked it up this morning and finished it in a couple hours. And once again, Ilona Andrews does not disappoint. Fantastic is my one-word review.

Magic Shifts picks up with Kate & Curren starting their lives outside the Keep and the Pack. After the explosiveness of Magic Breaks, Magic Shifts starts out a wee bit slower. But only for a moment, then whoosh! Kate is off on another adventure. But after the emotional craziness of Magic Breaks, Magic Shifts gets Kate back into the Kate Daniels-esque story we know and love: big bad, vampires, Pack politics, the Order, and the Guild. It was refreshing after the heart pounding, roller coaster ride of the last two books. And it came with the great back-and-forth dialogue we've come to love between Kate and Curren:

“Does everybody think I am an asshole?” Curran asked.
“Only people who know you or have met you.”

Brilliant.

I can only say that Ilona Andrews has once again delivered. The world building, character development, and story telling of this series is by far some of the best in the genre. And I can't wait to see what happens next. ( )
  wanderinglynn | Mar 22, 2018 |
Wait, what?! I must have already checked it out.....
  quondame | Dec 28, 2017 |
Book 9 can't come soon enough. It could come out tomorrow and it would've been a day too late. If you're considering reading this series or this book my recommendation is, "yes." If you want action, a bit of mystery and cool monsters you've come to the right place. Read it. Read them all, then read them again for good measure. ( )
  ravenwood0001 | Jun 17, 2017 |
I rode through the night-drenched streets of Atlanta on a mammoth donkey. The donkey's name was Cuddles.

After breaking from life with the Pack, mercenary Kate Daniels and her mate—former Beast Lord Curran Lennart—are adjusting to a very different pace. While they’re thrilled to escape all the infighting, Kate and Curran know that separating from the Pack completely is a process that will take time.

But when they learn that their friend Eduardo has gone missing, Kate and Curran shift their focus to investigate his disappearance. Eduardo was a fellow member of the Mercenary Guild, so Kate knows the best place to start looking is his most recent jobs. As Kate and Curran dig further into the merc’s business, they discover that the Guild has gone to hell and that Eduardo’s assignments are connected in the most sinister way…

An ancient enemy has arisen, and Kate and Curran are the only ones who can stop it—before it takes their city apart piece by piece.
After breaking from life with the Pack, mercenary Kate Daniels and her mate - former Beast Lord Curran Lennart - are adjusting to a very different pace. While they're thrilled to escape all the infighting, Curran misses the constant challenges of leading the shapeshifters.
So when the Pack offers him its stake in the Mercenary Guild, Curran seizes the opportunity - too bad the Guild wants nothing to do with him and Kate. Luckily, as a veteran merc, Kate can take over any of the Guild's unfinished jobs in order to bring in money and build their reputation. But what Kate and Curran don't realize is that the odd jobs they've been working are all connected.
An ancient enemy has arisen, and Kate and Curran are the only ones who can stop it - before it takes their city apart piece by piece....

"After breaking from life with the Pack, mercenary Kate Daniels and her mate--former Beast Lord Curran Lennart-- are adjusting to a very different pace. While they're thrilled to escape all the infighting, Kate and Curran know that separating from the Pack completely is a process that will take time. But when they learn that their friend Eduardo has gone missing, Kate and Curran shift their focus to investigate his disappearance. Eduardo was a fellow member of the Mercenary Guild, so Kate knows the best place to start looking is at his most recent jobs. As Kate and Curran dig further into the merc's business, they discover that the Guild has gone to hell and that Eduardo's assignments are connected in the most sinister way...An ancient enemy has arisen, and Kate and Curran are the only ones who can stop it--before it takes their city apart piece by piece" -- Publisher's description.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,475,741 books! | Top bar: Always visible