Crossroads: Amish Roads Series - Book 2 by…

Crossroads: Amish Roads Series - Book 2

by Barbara Cameron

Ever since she was a child, Emma has dreamed of marrying Isaac Stoltzfus. Like all Amish women, Emma has always let Isaac has his way, sometimes to her later regret. But now Isaac is in his Rumschpringe and Emma feels like she doesn't know him anymore. When Isaac wants her to do something that is totally against her upbringing, Emma finally stands up to him and their relationship is threatened. Emma and Isaac both have decisions to make decisions that will forever change their lives.

"Crossroads" is the nicely done second book in Barbara Cameron's Amish Road series. Even though I never read the first book (A Road Unknown: Amish Roads | Book 1) I never felt lost and quickly got caught up in the lives of the characters in the book. Emma is a nicely written character - in love with Isaac her whole life, not sure if she can except the way he is becoming yet not sure she can imagine a life without him. Just when you think Emma is a bit too unforgiving of Isaac, Cameron drops a bit of a bombshell and you realize she needs to give herself before she can forgive Isaac. As for Isaac, he is also a well-written character - not as rebellious as perhaps he thinks he is but needing to get in touch with his own feelings and actions before he can commit to Emma or anyone else. Besides Isaac and Emma's story there various smaller plot lines in the book - some happy, some sad. All of these are well done and make for a very enjoyable book to read.

"Crossroads" is a nicely done Amish romance. ( )
  drebbles | Sep 19, 2014 |
A story that really could happen in any culture, boy loves girl, and girl doesn’t want to loose boy she loves. Does she move in with him without the benefit of marriage, knowing that doing so she will be looked down by the people of her faith, and for her to compromise her beliefs? What a choice for her, she is at the crossroads in her decision, and no one should have to choose love or loose all that she cherishes.
This is living in an Amish culture, and shunning is what will happen to Emma if she chooses to move in and live with her childhood sweetheart Isaac. Can see how Emma felt her world was crashing down around her, and how she chooses.
We learn and experience a lot of good learning life lessons here, and we also experience some very serious decisions. Some are so heart breaking, and others are very scary. We enter into the lives of several of people and learn how their faith enters into each of their decisions, and others we hope will learn to lean on God.
Come along and enjoy emersion in Amish society and see the life changing decisions being made. Will each of our new friends make the right choices or will we be saying goodbye? I enjoyed reading this book, and my heart ached for some of the choices, and life happenings here. Enjoy!

I received this book through Net Galley and the Publisher Abingdon Press, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Aug 11, 2014 |

Emma decided long ago that she was going to marry Isaac Stoltzfus. Since she was ten, she'd dreamt of being Isaac's wife, of fixing up a small farmhouse, of raising boppli together. But now, Isaac's Rumschpringe has introduced him to new ways, and much to Emma's dismay, Isaac seems to be enjoying them.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,405,991 books! | Top bar: Always visible