Snowfall: A Days of Redemption Christmas…

Snowfall: A Days of Redemption Christmas Novella

by Shelley Shepard Gray

#11969 (1) 1411 (1) 1506 (1) 2014 (1) 2016/06/16 (1) Amish (2) book (1) chicken pox (1) Christian (1) Christmas (2) faith (1) fiction (1) nannies (1) Ohio (1) romance (1) to-read (4) widower (1)

When Ruth is laid off due to budget cuts, she goes from being a caregiver at a retirement home to caring for Martin Rodes’ six rambunctious children. Two years ago, the family’s beloved wife and mother had died, and Martin now has his hands full with his struggling Christmas tree farm and overly active children. Since their last babysitter quit after one day, he is desperate to find someone to care for the children until they return to school after the Christmas break. Getting Ruth to come seems like a miracle, and the family all hopes she will return for a second day, but they aren’t sure if Ruth will want to. But Ruth rises to the challenge, even though she has had little experience in dealing with children. She charms not only the kids but also their father. When the kids start to fall ill with chicken pox, Ruth begins to realize just how much this family has come to mean to her. But do they return those feelings? This Christmas novella may be predictable from the beginning, but it still leaves you with a warm, fuzzy feeling. A quick read for the holidays or any time you want a story with a happy ending. If this story reminds you of The Sound of Music, you wouldn’t be mistaken! ( )
  Maydacat | Jul 15, 2016 |
Shelley Shepard Gray is one of my favorite Amish fiction authors and this was no exception. I enjoyed these characters, especially Ruth and all the Rhodes children. I only wish this Christmas novella could have been a full length novel as I didn't want it to end. ( )
  eliorajoy | Jan 8, 2015 |
Snowfall
Shelley Shepard Gray

Book Summary: Twenty-year old Ruth Stutzman is a wonderful caregiver—but she has no experience with kinner. Laid off from her job at a retirement home due to budget cuts, she’s relieved to find work—even if it means temporarily watching widower Martin Rodes’ brood of six! Martin has done the best he can since his wife’s passing, but he and the children need help. Their house, once full of laughter and light, has been darkened by sadness. Soon after Ruth arrives, the children are drawn to her warmth and gentleness, and so is Martin, even though he feels it’s wrong. But the harder he tries to ignore her, the deeper he begins to care for this attractive young woman who has brought joy back into his children’s lives . . . and his own. Each passing day brings the Rodes closer to Ruth . . . and closer to Christmas, when she will have to say goodbye. Ruth, too, cannot deny the bond she feels with the children—and with Martin. When her old job becomes available again, Ruth finds herself torn. How can she stay with the Rodes? Yet how can she go?

Review: I loved all the children. The storyline while part of a series is easy to jump into even if you have not read the other books. Ms. Gray even saved some secrets for when I go back and read the other books. I love the Christmas theme. Christmas is the best time of year. I can read about it any time of the year. Ruth was very special, someone who had heartache and now was getting to turn heartache for others into great joy. That is a theme I enjoy reading about. The Keim family was great to visit and read about people from previous books. It was interesting to read a book about the New Order Amish. I like simplicity of the Amish and their tremendous relationships that are highly valued. It was an enjoyable experience throughout the book. This will be a story I will revisit in the future.
I would like to thank Edelweiss Above the Treeline and Avon Inspire for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone. ( )
  Robin661 | Nov 12, 2014 |
Snowfall was such a great book that I sat down and read it all at once, could not put it down.
My heart really broke for Ruth, such a wonderful young woman, and instead of being bitter about her lot in life, she moved with sparkle. Yes she hurt and longed, but her heart was not bitter.
Then we have Martin, a very hard working Amish man who is a widower left with six children under the age of ten. Had to chuckle when the book opened and one of our old friends, Lovinia babysitting for the children.
Yes we are back in Sugarcreek with are dear friends, and the awesome Amish community here. We reunite with most of our friends here, and you’re in for some good surprises! Made me think of Mary Poppins, only there isn’t any magic, or is there?
There is such a great faith in God here, and loved how they all seemed to face adversity, and yet were there for one another. Is it by chance that Ruth is in Lovinia’s path that day? I think not.
Another great page turner by Shelley Shepard Gray and welcome back to Ohio, and life in this Community.

I received this book through Edelweiss and the Publisher Avon Inspire, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Oct 21, 2014 |
A Heart Tugging Christmas Read!

I have read many of author Shelley Shepard Gray’s Amish fiction novels. I have loved them all.

Snowfall is a novella that will warm you from head to toe. Kindness, Love, Trust, Faith, and Family oozes from this story. I found myself numerous times tearing up throughout the pages. I was deeply touched by this moving novella.

By the time I finished Snowfall I wanted to be part of the Rhodes family in the worst way. The children will melt your heart and you will have a strong urge to grab them and hug them tight.

Where does Ruth Stutzman belong? This dear, dear, young lady has been through so much. She has no idea what it feels like to be truly loved and wanted. Will she ever have the security and love of a real true family?

I highly recommend that you pick up a copy of Snowfall and treat yourself to a wonderful heartwarming read that will stay with you long after you read the last page. ( )
  passionforbooks | Oct 20, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062204548, Paperback)

New York Times bestselling author Shelley Shepard Gray spins a beautiful holiday tale of finding love in unexpected places.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:43 -0400)

"Ruth Stutzman is a wonderful caregiver--but she has no experience with [children]. Laid off from her job at a retirement home due to budget cuts, she's relieved to find work--even if it means temporarily watching widower Martin Rodes' brood of six. Martin has done the best he can since his wife's passing, but he and the children need help. Their house, once full of laughter and light, has been darkened by sadness. Soon after Ruth arrives, the children are drawn to her warmth and gentleness, and so is Martin, even though he feels it's wrong"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,759,635 books! | Top bar: Always visible