Heat: Club Inferno by Jamie K. Schmidt

Heat: Club Inferno

by Jamie K. Schmidt

On the run from her abusive fiancé, ER doctor Mallory Bryant arrives at her sister’s Connecticut resort desperate for a place to restore balance to her life. But Club Inferno is more than a haven for the rich and fashionable. Beneath its elegant facade is an erotic playground where dominants and sub-missive’s play out their fantasies.
At first, Mallory is wary of Max Spencer, the martial arts trainer acting as her bodyguard—until he introduces her to passion so intense she wants nothing more than to surrender to his touch. As one of Club Inferno’s most skilled doms, Max enjoys taking Mallory to the limits of pleasure. It’s a dangerous proposition, and as their sensual games draw them into a relationship beyond the boundaries of pupil and master, Max starts spiraling out of control. But when Mallory’s violent past catches up with her, Max knows what he must do: draw her closer than ever before, even if it means risking a surrender of his own.
I have to say I actually enjoyed this book. I thought it would be a typical storyline, but I was presently surprised. My heart bleeds for Mallory in the beginning of the book with all the abuse she suffered at the hands of her ex. I was furious with her parents who brushed her abuse aside and I was thankful to her sister and Max who saved her. I thought that were the strong ones that would see her through. Then we saw the vulnerable side of her sister and of Max and his family and I realized that this book is about all of them surviving and growing stronger, not just Mallory.
Fair warning that there is some hot sex in this book that seemed up my glasses. But people this book has substance! It not just a fluff erotic novel, this is a book about some real life issues, so be prepared.
A wonderful 9 out of 10! I can't wait for the next book.
  Cara_Ross | Aug 16, 2016 |
DESCRIPTION: On the run from her abusive fiancé, ER doctor Mallory Bryant arrives at her sister’s Connecticut resort desperate for a place to restore balance to her life. But Club Inferno is more than a haven for the rich and fashionable. Beneath its elegant facade, dominants and submissives play out their fantasies. At first, Mallory is wary of Max Spencer, the martial arts trainer acting as her bodyguard—until he introduces her to passion so intense she wants nothing more than to surrender to his touch.

As one of Club Inferno’s most skilled doms, Max enjoys taking Mallory to the limits of pleasure. It’s a dangerous proposition, and as their sensual games draw them into a relationship beyond the boundaries of pupil and master, Max starts spiraling out of control. But when Mallory’s violent past catches up with her, Max knows what he must do: draw her closer than ever before, even if it means risking a surrender of his own. ( )
  treehousereader | Jan 28, 2016 |
I liked it and then I didn't like. It was good and then I was bored. Max was the weirdest Dom I've ever met. He mainly liked to watch. Really? And for an ER doctor Mallory was whinny. I know she went through a bunch of stuff but just grow a set already. There are a lot of other great characters that I wouldn't mind reading more about.

This book started out pretty good to begin with, but after a while I couldn't finish it fast enough to get it over with, it was bland and a bit boring. The BDSM sex club was interesting, but I couldn't work out where Max was coming from, he was supposed to be a Dom. but he liked to watch. Very strange. Mallory's character was a bit prudish at the beginning of the story but seemed to change over night which was odd, viewing erotic scenes didn't bother her at all.
There was too many different messages being thrown around, I was confused. ( )
  JulieD2 | May 23, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,428,800 books! | Top bar: Always visible