Pay It Forward: Young Readers Edition by…

Pay It Forward: Young Readers Edition

by Catherine Ryan Hyde

242372,694 (4)None

“Pay it Forward” by Catherine Ryan Hyde is about a twelve year old boy named Trevor who literally changed the world. Trevor was given a extra credit assignment on how to change the world from his Social Studies teacher, Mr. St. Clair. Trevor decided with an idea called, Pay it Forward. His idea was that you do good deeds for three people. Then those three people each do good deeds for another three people. Which caused a ripple effect around the world. So Trevor exceeded his assignment because his idea made the national crime rate drop.
“Pay it Forward” by Catherine Ryan Hyde is a book that makes you think about our world a little more. After reading this book, I really did learn something about kindness and the world. I learned that even just one act of kindness can change the world. “Pay it Forward” teaches us that we can change the world with one simple good act. No matter how old, young, short or tall we are, we are capable of anything. We don’t just change the world with our actions we change ourselves. So when you do read “Pay it Forward” remember that nobody is holding you back on your idea to change the world for the better. It even inspired me. ( )
  KaylaB.B2 | Jan 17, 2018 |
An inspiring account of a brave, selfless, compassionate 12 year old boy whom we could all learn from in this true story. Trevor McKinney... You have inspired me! ( )
  mpettit7974 | Dec 21, 2017 |
Trevor McKinney is a regular school kid, with a new social studies teacher. This teacher gives an extra credit assignment to come up with a idea to change the world and put it into action. Trevor has a simple idea: Do a good deed for three people and when they ask you how they can repay you, you say "pay it forward to 3 more people." Soon those three people will multiply, and soon, he says, that soon the number of good deeds will be greater that the population of the world. Sadly, one of his 3 deed people dies, and one goes to jail. He does manage to finish 2, though. The dead person leaves money for 3 random people and asks them to pay it forward. His 3rd attempt is his mom whose husband has disappeared. He tries to get her and the social studies teacher "hooked up" and it works. When national crime rates start to drop, Trevor is invited to meet the president. In d.c., though, Trevor tries to stop a mugging as his 3rd person, because he thinks that he failed one. He ends up getting seriously injured, though, and winds up in the hospital with severe conditions. A candlelight march is held in his honor, and over 20,000 people attend to it. This is how the book ends.
I really liked this book because it is written very well and tells an amazing story. It does a really good job of getting everyone's point of view, even the news reporter that discovered him! Trevor's idea is a really good one, too. It requires people to work on the honor system, which is really cool. It also describes points of view from the teacher, the mom, and the three people that got stuff done for. I really liked this book. ( )
  ShailenS.BG3 | Dec 15, 2016 |
Maybe someday I'll have kids of my own. I hope so. If I do, they'll probably ask what part I played in the movement that changed the world. And because I'm not the person I once was, I'll tell them the truth.

"Trevor McKinney, a twelve-year-old boy in a small California town, accepts his teacher's challenge to earn extra credit by coming up with a plan to change the world. His idea is simple: do a good deed for three people and instead of asking them to return the favor, ask them to 'pay it forward' to three others who need help"--

Catherine Ryan Hyde is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,313,111 books! | Top bar: Always visible