Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis: The…

Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis: The Untold Story

by Barbara Leaming

This biography was well written and historically interesting, but I think the biggest thing I got out of it is that neither Jackie or JFK were fantastic people. What Jackie went through was horrific and it certainly wasn't deserved, but I didn't much like her even before that happened. She definitely was not the graceful icon that I have always thought. ( )
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |
A decent look at the life of America's most famous First Lady. Barbara Leaming gives us a portrait of a woman whom we now know suffered from PTSD after the assassination of President Kennedy in 1963.

The book is far from giving a complete picture of Jackie's life, but it does give us some insight into some of the possible reasons for the choices she made. ( )
  briandrewz | Feb 2, 2015 |
I was interested in this because of the author's thesis that Jackie suffered from PTSD. Overall the book was interesting but not entirely convincing. I mainly came away having a less positive view of Jackie. Confirmed my general opinion of who on earth would want to be President of the US. ( )
  jdukuray | Dec 30, 2014 |
I have read so many biographies of Jackie Kennedy as well as others of the Kennedys. By now there is little new to be shared in these biographies. But Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis: The Untold Story by Barbara Leaming
brought one new vision to me. Obviously Jackie would have been depressed after witnessing the assassination of her husband but Leaming spells out with much detail the deep protracted depression and PTSD that she experienced and it was disturbing to say the least. It went on for years and she was frightened for her safety, that of her children and of Teddy. She thought "they" would come to kill her eventually and her children. Many pages are devoted to her terrible stress which was moving to me. I urge you to read this book if you want to know more of her story without the sensationalism. ( )
  SigmundFraud | Dec 19, 2014 |

A book that explores the seemingly magical world of Jackie Onassis' youth, her fairy-tale marriage to a wealthy and handsome senator and presidential candidate and her astonishing transformation into a deft political wife and unique first lady also explores what the author asserts was Jackie's 31-year struggle with PTSD after the assassination of her husband, John F. Kennedy.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,733,101 books! | Top bar: Always visible