Awakening by Tracy Higley

Awakening

by Tracy Higley

What a fascinating first read from Tracy Higley Awakening was for me! I was intrigued by her style and story. Mystery was around every corner and unexpected turns occur in her plotline. Her characters were driven by inner turmoil that even they did not grasp. One of the best parts of this read was the beautiful scenes Tracy describes as Kallie and Dimitri travel around the globe. I felt as though I could see places in my mind that I have never been to before. Two storylines mix into the book which at first threw me off but soon engaged me completely. She seamlessly works this to her advantage in the telling of this novel. I highly recommend Awakening as your next read. You won't regret it.

Each chapter was sent to me by email by the author and appreciated her generosity. This review is an honest exchange for her gift to me. ( )
  sh2rose | Sep 6, 2016 |
This was definitely an interesting read. Kallie Andreas is an amnesiac with a questionable past. I say "questionable" because she has nothing to really give her clues about her life and her real identity. Her visions/hallucinations/daydreams/whatever-you-want-to-call-it intrigue her therapist. The dreams may provide a link to all of Kallie's problems, but she must stop running and start facing it. It's an exciting journey that leads her across the world in search of answers, but she finds more than she ever expected.

caslater83 | Aug 4, 2016 |
Here is a book that has everything but gratuitous erotica. Being a history freak, I was hooked at the beginning where the heroine awakened in the museum. The publisher's blurb gives clues, and spoilers/recaps are not to be added. The imagery is excellent, history well researched, characters reach out and demand that the reader stay with them. Excellent author that I need to read more from. Thank you LibraryThing Giveaways! ( )
  jetangen4571 | May 3, 2016 |
Awakening by Tracy Higley
Kallie only has memories of the last 7 years. She has given her life to researching the Ancient Minoans searching for the Linear A Key. She is joined by Dimitri Andreas and his team as they explore the world. The face secret dangers from the past, search countless clues and face death as they search for the key to the Minoan language. Join Kallie and Dimitri as they travel through exotic historical locations. This book seemed to be two stories in one. Kallie journal entries takes us on a ancient voyage into an unknown world.

The author Tracy Higley has done a great job with this book. She uses vivid details from her own visits to these exotic places. This book has a little of it all, you have the exotic places, historical facts, romance, suspense and vibrant characters. To say the least this book was different from anything I have ever read. I give Awakening 4 stars.

I want to thank the author Tracy Higley and publisher Stone water Press for bringing good clean Christian books like this one to readers like me. I would also like to thank The Book Club Network Inc. for providing me with this book in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  inspiremichelle | Sep 5, 2014 |
5 stars ***** out of 5
Romance and Time Travel

If ever there is a novel that will change my idea of time travel, it will have to be Tracy Higley's Awakening. This book is amazing! She drew me in completely, and this was a novel I had to finish, regardless of how hungry or tired I was! It was not until I was almost at the end of the novel that I realized that this was a time travel novel, and surprisingly, I did not mind. It all flows so naturally and believably that it did not diminish my enjoyment in the least. The story first hooked me and drew me in when I read that the main character, Kallie had be found in an art gallery void of any memory. Memory loss is such a mystery! The angst she felt came across clearly, and as she searches for the treasure of ancient history, I learn so much about the world now and then. The words are full of vivid imagery, and even as she battled those determined that she would not find the artifact, I felt I was seeing, hearing and feeling what Kallie was encountering.

I received this ebook free from Tracy Higley in exchange for an honest review. A positive critique was not required. The opinions are my own. ( )
  mbarkman | Aug 31, 2014 |

Critically-Acclaimed Romantic Suspense Novel

Kallie Andreas is a mystery, even to herself.

Seven years ago Kallie woke up in a New York City museum, injured and traumatized. Alone and unclaimed.

Despite her shattered memories, she's worked her way into a position as assistant curator in that very museum, and now she wants nothing more than to pursue funding for her project--assembling pieces from the ancient Minoans.

But then the blackouts start. Lost time, stranded in terrifying danger, frantic visions that can't be real. A threatening phone call may be nothing more than paranoia and madness. Or perhaps not.

It's time to start seeing her psychiatrist more often.

Kallie's doctor challenges her to keep a journal, but her writing morphs into something else... What begins as a romantic fairy tale becomes an allegory of a woman plunged into crisis in the ancient past, in the misty islands of Minoan Greece, home to myth and legend.

When a mysterious billionaire invites Kallie to scour the black market with him for the most valuable of all Minoan treasures, the key to their lost language, Kallie can't resist. Dimitri is wealthy, charming and good-looking, but she's not interested--not in someone who's clearly hiding secrets of his own.

Together, the two embark on a global quest to find the Key, through some of the most exotic and beautiful locations in the world--unraveling the mystery and pursuing leads, all the while resisting romance in Italy, under the Santorini sun, and among the pyramids of Egypt.

Meanwhile, Kallie's memories are bleeding through and her journal has turned violent. She's teetering on the verge of a breakthrough, but what devastating truth has she been suppressing?

When a strange woman who clearly knows Kallie's real identity tries to murder her, it's clear that Kallie's past and present worlds are colliding, in a deadly crisis that will finally reveal the shocking mystery of her past.

But will the truth leave room for love?

********************************************************************************
Click the Look Inside button above to read the first chapter...

Romantic Suspense Novel Categories:
> Romantic Suspense Adventure
> Romantic Suspense Historical

With page-turning romantic suspense and evocative scenes set in exotic locales, Higley's novels transport readers into a romantic adventure they won't soon forget.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:53 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,074,354 books! | Top bar: Always visible