Show Me, Baby [novella] by Cherise Sinclair

I really enjoyed my trip back to the Shadowlands with this novella. Jake and Rainie were perfect for each other. I loved how patient Jake was with Rainie and also that he has his own commitment issues that he wasn't even aware of but that he copped to as soon as they were pointed out to him. He didn't let Rainie get away and I loved that.

Another great read. ( )
  Hanneri | Dec 6, 2017 |
As this series has progressed now to the 9th book the emotional depth of each one also has increased. These aren’t just about Master’s and Subs, they are about the people behind those roles – their jobs, their friends , their at times heartbreaking pasts that have messed with their heads and self images of themselves.

Jake and Rainie story also had the bonus of Gabi and Marcus and Sally, Galen and Vance's bachelor/bachelorette parties and their combined weddings. Most of the previous characters also make appearances with Master Z still being his meddling self : ) . Always great to be back with the gang from Shadowlands and Cherise never disappoints in her stories.
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
I have read two books with the same story line lately. Both are about woman that have had a very nasty childhood, orphaned or abandoned, living on the streets, one is rescued by a caring individual as a teenager and the other struggles into her twenties. Both stories are hard to read because I know that there are so many children that this happens to. It is sad that the government and society is more concerned about criminals in jail and prison then they are about children, senior citizens and animals.

In this story we find out about Rainie, one of the trainees at Shadowlands. She has had a very bad childhood and it has affected how so views herself. It does help that there are those that continue to bully her for her past. Rainie has put herself through school and has gotten an MBA. She is smart, compassionate, caring and loving. She is also one of the Shadowland brats. She doesn't really want a permanent relationship because she has been hurt in the past. She wants to wait until she has some more polish and can find a place where no one knows her past. She has avoided Jake Sheffield because she is so attracted to him. It is fun to watch her deal with Jake when he takes over her training to teach her to say no and mean it. This pair burns up the pages with chemistry between them.

Jake is a new Master at the Shadowlands and he has wanted Rainie for a long time. She is just what he is looking for in a submissive. Jake is just getting over a failed relationship and isn’t looking for anything permanent. Leave it to Master Z to take matters in his own hands and get the two together. Jake is a vet and an Army veteran. He is also partners with Saxon in a veterinarian practice in Tampa. When they have to fire their receptionist Jake asks Rainie to take her place. This is the perfect way for Jake and Rainie to really get to know each other. The sparks fly as these two become involved. It is sad the Rainie's confidence is shaken by a nasty mother of a groom and a bitch in heat. It takes Master Z stepping in again to get these two back where they should be.

This story also has Marcus and Gabi's and Vance, Galen and Sally’s wedding in it. I loved the scene where Rainie takes Galen’s mother and Gabi's mother to task for their nasty remarks before the wedding. I am glad the Ms. Sinclair included the wedding since it was beautiful and heartwarming affair. We also get the proposal for Cullen and Andrea. It was kind of funny and very sweet. I am glad that they finally able to get married. With Rainie taken there is only one trainee left and that is Uzuri. I hope that she finds someone soon.

It is a little sad that this book seems to be a prelude to ending the series. I know that not every series can go on forever but it is always sad when a great one comes to an end. Now I don’t know that the series is coming to an end. I haven’t seen anything from the author on this matter. I love this author’s writing and I always look forward to any new books she writes.

Finally the warnings I always give for this genre. There is some bondage, wax play, anal and spanking. This is a BDSM story so there is Domination and submission and all that entails. ( )
  LadyIsis | Feb 16, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,587,208 books! | Top bar: Always visible