A Bouquet of Love: A Novel (Weddings by…

A Bouquet of Love: A Novel (Weddings by Design)

by Janice Thompson

133723,089 (4)1

A fun book telling the story of how Cassia Pappas is trying to enjoy her new job in floral shop, but instead has to put up with her huge family that has decided to move to her town and open up a restaurant. This might be ok if they hadn't expected her help and opened up across from a restaurant that she needs a good relationship with.

This is a great book that completes a fun series. I would greatly recommend this book to anyone expect to find yourself getting involved and wanting to be there. I received this book free for review. ( )
  polarmath | Aug 23, 2014 |
My Big Fat Greek Wedding meets Romeo and Juliet with a healthy mix of Texas twang and sweet tea — that’s what you get in the latest offering in the Weddings by Design series by Janice Thompson. A Bouquet of Love is a light and funny romance set in the very Southern and Texan Galveston Island. Filled with familiar characters, A Bouquet of Love introduces the Pappas family into the Rossi family mix.

Cassia Pappas is the oldest daughter in a very traditional Greek family. Having moved his family to Galveston from California, Cassia’s father, Babbas, expects all of the family to join him in making his restaurant, Super-Gyros, the most popular place on the island. But his tight grip on the family causes problems in new friendships, a budding romance and those trying to find God’s plans for their lives. The rivalry between the Rossis who own the pizza place, Parma John’s, escalates until drastic measures have to be taken.

A Bouquet of Love is first and foremost a romance. Thompson adds her trademark humor into the mix providing for some silly and sweet scenes. And it was the romance I liked. But I am not sure if it was because I had not read the previous books in the series, but I had a hard time keeping my interest in the rest of the story. I kept thinking I was missing something — more information, more detail, more backstory. But if you are a fan of this series, I think you will enjoy A Bouquet of Love. It got a lot of great reviews on Amazon, so make sure to check it out.

(Thanks to Revell for a review copy of this book. All opinions expressed are mine alone.) ( )
  vintagebeckie | Aug 18, 2014 |
When Cassia Pappas arrives in town with her family, they arrive loud and noisy, especially her Babas, or Dad. He opens a Greek restaurant right across the street from our beloved Uncle Laz’s Parma John’s, and thinks he can drive the Italian restaurant out of business. He then discovers that the Rossi family owns most of the area, and he begins a feud, a little presumptuous, don’t you think?
What happens with this family is so funny, and yet you really can see it happening, and I loved the Mother with her make-up, and Babas costume, can just picture this, hysterical!
Loved the gift Cassia has with flowers and how God leads her to one in need to use this gift. She ends up at the right place at the right time, and I see God’s hand in this, and there is the beginning to the answers of the big problem that exists.
We also have a bit of romance in store for Cassia when through her work at the flower shop she meets Alex, a half Greek Adonis, who happens to own with his family a flower farm. Will Babas allow a relationship?
Come along and see how the feud between the Pappas family and the Rossi Family ends up, there are so many funny happenings. I can’t wait for the next one.
There is a note at the end of the book of a personal nature from Janice, and please pray for her and her family, they have not had an easy year.

I received this book this book through the Publisher Revell’s Blogger Program, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Aug 14, 2014 |

Cassia Pappas has found herself in a nearly impossible situation. She wants to spend her time immersed in her new job at a Galveston Island floral shop, arranging blooms and brightening occasions with her lovely creations. But her huge Greek family--especially her father--has other ideas. They've all relocated to Galveston to open up a new family restaurant location on the Strand--directly across the street from the Rossis' popular pizza place--and they want Cassia's full participation.

To make matters worse, as Cassia is trying to develop a strong professional relationship with Galveston's premier wedding coordinator, Bella Neeley, her own father is intent on stealing all of the Rossi family's faithful customers. Not exactly the best way to get into Bella's good graces!

Still, at least Alex, that hot delivery guy from the nursery, is always hanging around the flower shop . . .

Fan favorite Janice Thompson gives readers one more romp with Bella, Galveston, and the bustling wedding biz in the final installment of her popular series. Anyone who loves quirky families, loads of laughter, and tender romance will find themselves hooked.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:45 -0400)

"Cassia Pappas has found herself in a nearly impossible situation. She wants to spend her time immersed in her new job at a Galveston Island floral shop, arranging blooms and brightening occasions with her lovely creations. But her boisterous Greek family--especially her father--has other ideas. They've all relocated to Galveston to open up a new family restaurant located on the Strand--directly across the street from iconic pizza place Parma John's--and they want Cassia's full participation. To make matters worse, as Cassia is trying to develop a strong professional relationship with Galveston's premier wedding coordinator, Bella Neeley, her own father is intent on stealing all of the Rossi family's faithful customers. Not exactly the best way to get into this former Rossi's good graces! Still, at least Alex, that hot delivery guy from the nursery, is always hanging around the flower shop" --… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,352,836 books! | Top bar: Always visible