The Navy SEAL's E-Mail Order Bride by Cora…

The Navy SEAL's E-Mail Order Bride (2014)

by Cora Seton

DESCRIPTION, NOT REVIEW: Mason Hall, Navy SEAL, knows all about difficult assignments, but his current mission is one for the record books. Not only must he find a wife—and get her pregnant—or forfeit the ranch his family has prized for generations, he must also convince his three brothers to marry, too—before the year is up. Who knew one city girl and three wayward brothers could put up such a fight?

Regan Anderson can’t wait any longer to meet Mr. Right, so she’s taken matters into her own hands. She’s quit her job, given up her nice apartment and undergone all the preliminary appointments to prepare for artificial insemination. Still, becoming a single mother is daunting, so when she spots Mason’s Wife Wanted ad on the Internet one night, she’s ready for a few laughs. She’s sure the ad must be fake, but when Mason answers back, she soon finds herself wanting more than a long distance relationship.

If Mason can just keep her talking until he makes it home from Afghanistan, he’s sure he can convince Regan he’s her man. But when he whisks her off for a trial run in Chance Creek, they’re in for an unpleasant surprise. The ranch is in ruins, the house has been stripped, and they’re going to have to work day and night to beat Mason’s deadline to win it back.

Can two strangers pull together against all odds? Or is this mission doomed to fail? ( )
  treehousereader | Apr 24, 2016 |
This isn’t my usual fare, being contemporary romance. Yet, I read a really good review by a person I follow, saw further reviews that the book had a great sense of humor, and the idea of the mail-order bride trope in modern times and in Montana no less got my attention.

So, I read and was pretty happy with what I got. That sense of humor that I mentioned is very much in evidence without being overdone. The author has a great voice and gives her characters humorous turns of phrase without sliding into the slapstick side of the humor spectrum. And Regan’s introduction letter to Mason… Holy freakin’ crap! I busted a gut at that! And that sense of humor just keeps on rolling through.

I also really like the two leads. They’re two very real individuals who are faced with time-constraining circumstances and trying to build a relationship under pressure. I felt that they played off each other fairly well and had a lot of chemistry.

I liked that the story was pretty focused on the relationship building and a bit on getting their shindig up and running. There weren’t any dastardly figures like an individual trying to break them up and causing jealousy nor was there any shadowy, murky figures from either character’s past coming back to haunt them. Melodrama was kept at a bare minimum which is a breath of fresh air in romance novels.

There are a few aspects of the book that felt very unreal to me or just forced. Like other reviewers have mentioned, the whole collecting the uncle’s debts from Mason seem very farfetched without anything in writing. I mean, anybody could come up claiming they are owed thousands of dollars and Mason’s just gonna hand it over? Really?! And the whole needing to have all four brothers get married and started on kids within a year or no ranch also seemed a bit farfetched for modern times.

So while there aspects of the book that seem a little out there and unbelievable, I still enjoyed the work. Characters are great, the relationship kept me engaged, and the humor kept me smiling. I’d definitely recommend the book to anyone who enjoys a contemporary romance with a few twists and a nice sense of humor. ( )
  Sarah_Gruwell | Jan 13, 2016 |
One of the best romances I've read in a while. I enjoyed it so much that I'm going to buy the rest of the series.

It's fun, smart, cute, steamy, funny, and heart wrenching, all in the right spots in the very well written, fast-paced and well developed plot with wonderful characters.

I am looking forward to reading about the other brothers, and if I ever see a similar ad online, I'll be sure to respond :) ( )

katsmiao | Oct 23, 2015 |

Cora Seton is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,595,812 books! | Top bar: Always visible