High Protein Raw Food Cookbook: 100 Truly…

High Protein Raw Food Cookbook: 100 Truly Easy and Yummy High Protein…

by Jon Symons

High Protein Raw Food Cookbook: 100 Truly Easy and Yummy High Protein Recipes for the Raw Food Lifestyle

by Jon Symons

Interesting recipes in this book. The author goes into why and how our body needs and uses protein and the different types of protein before getting into the recipes. I found this book very helpful since I always thought I couldn't get enough protein if I didn't eat meat. Where in actuality you don't need as much protein as you may think and the amount of protein in non meat foods actually adds up and is often enough when we eat enough of the right foods.

I haven't tried any of the recipes but I will in the future.

*Note a lot of the recipes use a blender, food dehydrator or juicer and can be time consuming because of the soaking time of nuts and the dehydrating time for some of the recipes so a little preplanning is needed. ( )
  Kimmyd76 | Nov 17, 2014 |
There is some useful information that is helpful for people who are trying to go on a raw foods diet. More importantly, there are lots of delicious raw foods recipes. I especially like the salad dressing recipes. It's enough to give you a variety for your meals for quite some time. ( )
  ascendedphoenix | Sep 14, 2014 |
The author presents a very meaningful message for better health, explaining the benefits in eating raw foods. I was impressed with the plethora of excellent information regarding the need for protein; just how much to have and why we need protein. There is so much to learn here. What I especially like is the valuable content on soaking nuts and seeds, along with understanding enzyme inhibitors. This is not a hard, technical book to understand but one of superb recipes that are simple to make with a little bit of prep work involved. You can confidently share with family and friends that you are indeed getting enough protein with many plant based foods. I have tried 21 delicious recipes so far and I am recommending the book to friends. I don't want them to miss out in having overall better health. ( )
  LadyD_Books | Sep 11, 2014 |
This book is great for anyone interested in healthy eating! For raw foodists, there are many really appealing recipes. For those who aren't part of the raw food movement, there is a thorough introduction to what it is, as well as a helpful section on such hot topics as protein in a raw vegan diet. Best of all, Chef Jon Symons never tries to convince readers to become raw vegan and the introduction never reads as preachy. ( )
  LiveLearnEat | Sep 7, 2014 |
I was pleased when I was sent this from www.librarything.com to review.

The Duchess of Cambridge has put raw food on the culinary map recently. I was unsure about this – is this just a fad I wondered? Or are we such a nation of ready made and processed foods that we are missing the point.

The author has been a raw foodie for years and he feels so well, so this dispels the myth that we need to eat meat- and if we do not then where do we get our protein from?

The author gives a really informative background to proteins without this becoming boring.

I was surprised by just how much protein is in foods and especially in plant based foods- especially the Christmas sprout which are put on plates because it is traditional (sprouts are not just for Christmas).
I got a bit confused with part 4 – kitchen tools, with dehydrators and spiralizers, but I am a great advocate in juicers and a great way to get more goodness from raw ingredients.

The recipes are unusual and definitely not bland there’s plenty for the spicy fans out there.

This is a good guide for anyone looking to go for a high protein raw food diet. ( )
  mexico24 | Sep 7, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,986,301 books! | Top bar: Always visible