Catification: Designing a Happy and Stylish…

Catification: Designing a Happy and Stylish Home for Your Cat (and You!)

by Jackson Galaxy

If you have an indoor cat(s), you probably realize how important it is that she have places indoors where she can climb and scratch and that otherwise make up for what she's missing outdoors. But we want our homes to be decorated for us, not our cats, right? With CATIFICATION you can, as its subtitle says, design a happy and stylish home for your cat and you.

But be sure to begin by reading Part 1 in order to first understand what catification is. You'll learn how important this is to your cat as well as to you.

Then you'll probably see your home differently. I do. Now I look at everything in my rooms in relation to possible catification: "cat superhighways," "dead ends," scratching posts that double as climbing ramps and stairs, "cat bridges," and "kitty TV." And I can't wait until this spring, when the snow is gone and the weather is warm, so my husband and I can build a "catio."

If only CATIFICATION was around when my cat was alive! With every page, I couldn't help but think about how it would apply to her. But I'm going to get another cat now, and this time I'll do it right. ( )
  techeditor | Feb 4, 2015 |

The star of Animal Planet’s hit television series My Cat from Hell, Jackson Galaxy, shows cat owners everywhere how to make their homes both cat-friendly and chic.

Cat owners know the struggles of creating living spaces that are both functional and stylish for owner and cat. Don’t just go to your local pet shop and adorn your home with unattractive cat towers and kitty beds. In Catification, Jackson Galaxy, the star of Animal Planet’s My Cat from Hell, and Kate Benjamin, of the popular cat design website Hauspanther.com, walk readers through a step-by-step process of designing an attractive home that is also an optimal environment for cats.

This gorgeously designed, full-color book includes more than twenty fun DIY projects, from kitty beds and litter boxes to catios (cat patios) that will be sure to make readers—and their cats—purr in approval.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:59 -0400)

"Cat owners know the struggles of creating living spaces that are both functional and stylish for owner and cat. In Catification, Jackson Galaxy, the star of Animal Planet's My Cat from Hell, and Kate Benjamin, of the popular cat design website Hauspanther.com, walk readers through a step-by-step process of designing an attractive home that is also an optimal environment for cats"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,643,594 books! | Top bar: Always visible