Sacrificed to the Dragon by Jessie Donovan

I wanted to like this one but I mostly struggled reading through it. I stuck with it b/c I was curious as to how the plot would turn out and I liked the characters (Tristan & Melanie). However, while their interaction with one another was good I never really fell for them as a couple.

Read more in depth reviews by me here at From Me to You ... Video, Photography, & Book Reviews :: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/ ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Aug 16, 2016 |
In exchange for a vial of Dragon blood Melanie Hall offers herself up as a sacrifice to be with a dragon-shifter for at least six months with the risk of dying from giving birth to a dragon, all to save her brother. For her it's also a wonderful opportunity to see dragons close-up, having studied them academically for ages.

Her assigned dragon is Tristan MacLeod, who despises humans for what they did to his mother. She was killed by some hunters and ever since he's been against humans, but it's his turn to do this and he has to toe the line. He finds that she's not like others and maybe there's a few good humans, particularly this one.

It's fun, I wasn't expecting much more and I got what I expected, some pretty powerful sex scenes and some fun banter between characters. I like the sass the women in these give to their mates, they don't let them away with anything too possessive. I think she read the handbook on how not to write female characters and went with a lot of the ideas. I like the slow burn and the heat and how the characters get to be more themselves when they have their pair. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jul 28, 2016 |

fromjesstoyou | May 3, 2016 |

In exchange for a vial of dragon’s blood to save her brother’s life, Melanie Hall offers herself up as a sacrifice to one of the British dragon-shifter clans. Being a sacrifice means signing a contract to live with the dragon-shifters for six months to try to conceive a child. Her assigned dragonman, however, is anything but easy. He’s tall, broody, and alpha to the core. There’s only one problem—he hates humans.

Due to human dragon hunters killing his mother, Tristan MacLeod despises humans. Unfortunately, his clan is in desperate need of offspring to repopulate their numbers and it’s his turn to service a human female. Despite his plans to have sex with her and walk away, his inner dragon has other ideas. The curvy human female tempts his inner beast like no other.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,058,792 books! | Top bar: Always visible