The Captain's Table: Dujonian's Hoard by…
For more than 200 years archaeologists and treasure hunters have dreamed of Djuonian's Hoard, a fabled trove of priceless historical artifacts that may contain technology that will shift the galactic balance. A dream was all the hoard seemed - until a starfleet officer goes in search of the treasure and ends up missing.… (more)

Picard's stint at The Captain's Table was a bit of a crawl for me. It seemed like tiny morsels doled out over a long period of time - a bit like the plot lines of 'choose your own adventure' stories. The chapters were three or four pages long - over the course of nearly 200 pages this became a bit silly. Much of these chapters were filler and seemingly an attempt to stretch the story to a predetermined page count.
What is good about the story is that it involves Picard and Worf, on their own (under cover)- I'm particularly interested in their relationship, now that it is known that Worf becomes Picard's choice for first lieutenant once Riker departs the Enterprise (post-Nemisis continuity).
It is a decent swash buckling jaunt with pirates, and there is a rare love interest between Picard and another character. In the end, there are no surprises and I was glad once I had finished the book. It was eminently put-downable, and I daydreamed about what to read next through much of the climactic chapters. ( )
  Daedalus18 | Jun 16, 2009 |
For Jason, Roni, Jesse, and Dana,
who love to go a-wanderin'
Captain Jean-Luc Picard looked around at the thickening fog and decided he would never reach his destination.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,903,363 books! | Top bar: Always visible