Spell Check by Julie Wright

Spell Check

by Julie Wright

132723,089 (4)None

Spell Check is a great coming of age book. I enjoyed reading it immensely. Allyson is a highly relatable character, especially at the start of the book. You can really feel the pain of what she is going through. Then her bewilderment as things start going awry. It's a great fun read. ( )
  magickislife | Dec 29, 2015 |
4 STARS

Spell Check is full of drama, action, teenage drama, magic gone wild, humor and characters that you like. Also it is a clean read. it grabs your attention right off.
It is almost Halloween and Ally has agreed to help the cheerleaders film a skit. She is going to be hanged as a witch. When Ally is hanging from a tree things go wrong fast. Ally starts wishing bad things to happen to them. It comes true.

Ally has just turned 16. Her parents are divorced for two years now. They still fight when ever they get together. So when Ally realizes her wishes are coming true. She tries to wish her parents to stop fighting with each other and get back together. They then disappear.

How many times do you say you wish something to happen when your mad or frustrated? Ally says it a lot but her wishes are coming true. She tells her brother she wished he would stop talking and he goes mute. She really did not want that to happen.

Her grandmother from Sweden comes to help Ally to find her parents and undo the trouble she caused from her wishes. She also needs to be prepared to be tested by the Troll King on Halloween. Time is running out.

I did not put the book down last night till I had finished the book.

The suspense of what was happening to Ally and why was good. Ally's crush and first date was cute. The action when she ended up rescuing her parents from the Amazon was good and funny. It was fun to read.

I would say that any age could enjoy this story. Probably start in middle school.

I was given Spell Check to read by Author so I could honestly review it. ( )
  rhonda1111 | Oct 23, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,285,663 books! | Top bar: Always visible