Collision by Kate L. Mary

Collision

by Kate L. Mary

721,138,814 (3.67)None

his is one of those books that isn't great but is great but isn't great. I can't seem to make my mind up on how great or good it actually is! If you follow my reviews, you should know that I like books that have originality. While, there are books that have the premise of a car accident and coming home to pick up the pieces... yada yada yada. This isn't really that book. It seems like it, at first. This book is so different from that type of book.

Now that Kara is stuck at home. Pissed at her mother. Bruised. Bored. Without connection to anyone. She has vowed to uncover the secrets her mother has buried.

Derek is just living his life. It may be a lonely life. His family gone. No one around him to really call his own. Then one day, she walks into the bar he works...

Kara and Derek went to high school together. While Kara barely remembers him and he remembers everything about her, they start to build a friendship that will eventually turn into more.

As Derek helps her uncover who she really is, both biologically and physiologically, they form a bond, an attraction that may or may not be good for them.

Once the truth has come out and their relationship is solidified, the true test in their relationship comes. Can they handle the tough decisions whether they see eye to eye? Can the truth rip them apart? ( )
  UANBookAddict | Dec 3, 2015 |
*I received a free copy of this e-book in exchange for an honest review.*

I read this book in one sitting. Kara, a freshman college student, is on her way home for Christmas break when she is in a car accident. While in the hospital, it is discovered, because of her blood type and that of her parents, that her father cannot possibly be her father. Her mother admits that she had an affair with someone else while she was broken up with Kara's "father." When she broke up with her lover she went back to Kara's "father" and then discovered she was pregnant with her lover's baby. She got married and never told her husband or Kara that he was not the biological father. Kara now wants to find out who he is, but her mother refuses to tell her, citing that it's better she not know and to leave it alone. Her husband also cannot deal with this lie, and leaves for awhile. Of course, Kara cannot leave it alone and starts sleuthing to find out who her father is, and ends up going to Kent, Ohio to track him down, based on clues she finds and people she is led to, who then lead her to other people. She basically ignores her mother and her admonitions. Meanwhile, before she heads out, she meets a guy, Derek, in a bar. It turns out he knew her from high school and had a crush on her, but she did not remember him, even though he sat behind her in a class and she smiled at him all the time, and was nice to him. It turns out that during their senior year his parents and brother were killed in a car crash and now he is all alone. He and Kara almost immediately fall for each other when they meet, and he goes with her to find her father. This part is a bit unrealistic, in my opinion, how quickly they fall for each other and have sex, but I guess it can/does happen!

At the end, she does find out who her father is, and that she should have left it alone, like everyone told her. But, of course, she did not. The book ends as it should, but it could also lead into a sequel, if the author desires to write one.

The book was okay, fast paced, and it entertained me. I would probably read any sequels, if written. ( )
  sandra.k.heinzman | Apr 2, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,747,678 books! | Top bar: Always visible