Foxcatcher: The True Story of My…

Foxcatcher: The True Story of My Brother's Murder, John du…

by Mark Schultz

Other authors: David Thomas

Poorly written by a whiny, arrogant man who I feel just used this book as an excuse to brag. Apparently, no one thought to edit it before publishing, either. Watch the movie, please, I'm begging you. ( )
  hay16mc | Feb 13, 2017 |
Overall OK book, and good narrator, but it got really tiring listening to Mark Schultz boast of all his goodness and manliness. "Wrestling is a man's game... I won this... I'm very good at that..."... blah, blah, blah. The story about DuPont killing his brother, Dave, was very interesting but it was such a small portion of the book - maybe 2 chapters worth - that it really wasn't worth the whole book. Would have been good if there was some extra research put into he novel, but there wasn't - it was just Mark Schulz's memories. ( )
  marshapetry | Jan 18, 2016 |
I did not finish this as it was so badly written. ( )
  MaggieFlo | Jan 19, 2015 |
I hardly watch the Olympics and have never watched an Olympic wrestling match. So to me the names John du Point and David Schultz are foreign to me. Yet, I like to read true crime stories. They fascinate me. How someone can kill another person for usually small senseless acts and ruin their life and the lives of the victim, family, and friends.

I felt like Mr. Schultz had gotten over his brother's death. Which is a very good thing but what I mean by this is that when I have read books from a family member or closer friend, the book felt like the writer had used this time to make the process very therapeutic. I did not get this why reading this book. Also, it seemed like the book was filled with tons of facts that the author wanted me to know about who Mark is than his brother, David. Which maybe because I am not that interested in wrestling I don't know but this book was really slow reading for me. The last third of the book was about the murder. Although it was short. Not a lot of details. Usually in true crime stories they focus on the murder, details of the events, the trial, and the conviction. None of this was talked about much. Either way this is a tragic event. ( )
  Cherylk | Jan 4, 2015 |

Mark Schultzprimary authorall editionscalculated
Thomas, Davidsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

The riveting true story—soon to be the subject of a high-profile film—of Olympic wrestling gold medal-winning brothers Mark Schultz and Dave Schultz and their fatal relationship with the eccentric John du Pont, heir to the du Pont dynasty

On January 26, 1996, Dave Schultz, Olympic gold medal winner and wrestling golden boy, was shot three times by du Pont family heir John E. du Pont at the famed Foxcatcher Farms estate in Pennsylvania. Following the murder there was a tense standoff when du Pont barricaded himself in his home for two days before he was finally captured.

Foxcatcher is gold medal winner Mark Schultz’s memoir, revealing what made him and his brother champion and what brought them to Foxcatcher Farms. It’s a vivid portrait of the complex relationship he and his brother had with du Pont, a man whose catastrophic break from reality led to tragedy. No one knows the inside story of what went on behind the scenes at Foxcatcher Farms—and inside John du Pont’s head—better than Mark Schultz.

The incredible true story of these championship-winning brothers and the wealthiest convicted murderer of all time will be making headlines this fall, and Mark’s memoir will reveal the true inside story.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:32 -0400)

"On January 26, 1996, Dave Schultz, Olympic gold-medal winner and wrestling golden boy, was shot three times by du Pont family heir John E. du Pont at the famed Foxcatcher Farms estate in Pennsylvania. Following the murder there was a tense standoff when du Pont barricaded himself in his home for two days before he was finally captured. How did such a horrifying senseless murder happen?...Mark Schultz takes us through his remarkable wresting career from high school to world and Olympic championships, revealing both the triumphs of his career and the personal and financial struggles that gave him no choice but to join forces with the eccentric, controlling du Pont."--Book jacket.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,429,292 books! | Top bar: Always visible