Witch Gate (Fae of Calaveras Book 3) by…

Witch Gate (Fae of Calaveras Book 3)

by Kristen S. Walker

531,436,638 (4.5)None

This review applies to the whole series, not just this book. If you are a fan of witches and Fae, then you need to read this series. I can easily see this series as a movie or mini series on TV. Someone really needs to put this on film. It has all the dynamics that make a great film. It was awesome. The characters were well developed which gives the reader a chance to care for them. The intrigue of good vs evil. The internal debate of a teen girl coming to grips with her sexuality. The dynamic between mom and daughters, sister and sister, friends and friends, as well as lovers, was very well done. And the grounding character of the father was definitely needed. Let's just say that if this town were real I'd live there. Small town living with lots of excitement. Go read this series, you won't regret it. ( )
  deemelody | Oct 18, 2014 |
The author continues to keep me enthralled with Witch Gate, the final in the Fae of Calaveras series. This final book brings to culmination Rosa's struggles to save her sister, remain true to her own moral compass, deal with mixed emotions where her mother is concerned and to wade through the complexities of young love. Rosa is called upon to make hard decisions that will effect her friendships, her relationship with her family and her future.

The only frustration I had was with certain events being alluded to that were not explained in the series. Then I discovered, to my delight, that there are bonus stories that fill in the gaps.

The author's gift of descriptive writing continues to blossom with this new addition and I look forward to reading more of her books. ( )
  gigifox | Sep 11, 2014 |
Witch Gate is the final book to date in the Fae of Calaveras County series. Rosa has been given a task by the dragon guardian of the veil between the human and fairy world. A cape of nettles must be created by Rosa and her fae sponsor gives her the information necessary to weave the cape. Before the cape is completed her mother and younger sister tear open the veil between the fairy and human worlds and a search for a solution to the disruption this causes is sought by Rosa and her friends. By the end of this book Rosa has found a new love and her life seems to be back on track again…at least for the most part and for the moment.

This is a well written story that incorporates the openness that is being found more often in society. In this story a witch may date a magikin, fairy or human and bisexuality is a given. Family is discussed and what family and friendship can and does mean varies from one person to the next within the story. Fun and filled with issues that made me think, this story is one I believe will appeal to teens.

4.5 stars ( )
  CathyGeha | Sep 7, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Kristen S. Walker's book Witch Gate (Fae of Calaveras #3) was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Kristen S. Walker is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,761,752 books! | Top bar: Always visible