Faster Road Racing: 5K to Half Marathon by…

Faster Road Racing: 5K to Half Marathon

by Pete Pfitzinger

197537,190 (4.11)1

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A very thorough and expertly written book about the physiology of road racing. Unfortunately, during the last six months that I've had the book, I have been unable to run due to health issues and surgery, so I haven't put it to use yet. I have gotten back into running and will add to this review when I have some on-the-road experience with the book. ( )
  sylliu | Jul 8, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
If you ever wanted one book to provide guidance to training for multiple distances, as well as to better understand the physiology behind the recommended training routines, this is your book. I would strongly recommend this book to anyone who wants to improve their running, or anyone who needs good ideas of how to safely train and care for themselves. There are portions of the book that are a bit dry science, but there is also a healthy dose of real-life stories of accomplished runners who can motivate the rest of us to do our best.

I received this book as a part of the LibraryThing Early Reviewers program in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  Keith.Benjamin | Jun 9, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This bok was written by and for running experts. They provide detailed running plans to enable improvement in race times. As a less expert runner, I still feel that the information is useful. I strongly recommend this book especially for those who are competitive runners and who want to improve. ( )
  GlennBell | Jun 5, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Pfitzinger is a name that I've long associated with running, but this was my first time reading one of his books. I found the book to be well organized and full of information and insights. I was also interested in the chapter on Masters running since I fall into that category. I haven't had time to complete one of the race plans but they look promising. ( )
  ShoreTurtle | May 18, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Pete Pfitzinger and Philip Latter, both accomplished runners and writers, have produced a book which every runner should own. Covering basics of training for peak performance as a runner from diet, physiology, supplemental exercise and innumerable tips which have been proven by world-class runners, this book prepares the novice and hones the master for increasing speed, reducing injury, and reducing recovery times. Complete with training schedules and charts, as well as motivational vignettes, this book deserves a place in all runners gym bags. ( )
  difreda | May 10, 2015 |

A training guide for the most popular race distances, including the 5K, 10K, and half marathon. Balancing training and recovery, cross-training, nutrition, tapering, and training over age 40.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Pete Pfitzinger's book Faster Road Racing was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,170,146 books! | Top bar: Always visible