The Woman Code: 20 Powerful Keys to Unlock…

The Woman Code: 20 Powerful Keys to Unlock Your Life

by Sophia A. Nelson

Interesting for a self-help book aimed at women. It's not too preachy and gave some good advice. Some parts of the book seem to come from a lot of personal experience which was somewhat annoying, but was likely necessary to explain to make the reader understand the point. The book was also a very easy read. No troublesome quizzes and whatnot and it even highlights some keywords. I think that women in general would find this to be a valuable read. ( )
  linzy199 | Jul 12, 2017 |
Fans of female empowerment books, look out, there's a new book for you! Former White House correspondent, journalist, and TV personality, Sophia A. Nelson, delivers a book that will help you unlock your life with twenty powerful keys. Split into five sections: personal, emotional, spiritual, professional, and relational code, Nelson attempts to help readers find and believe in simple truths that will help raise womankind up. Before we can be better spouses or mother, we have to be better for ourselves. The self comes first, otherwise we can't properly take care of and appreciate the ones we love. The crux of Nelson's beliefs, is that we need to know our value as woman. Once you know your value and potential you can make peace with your past and learn to live authentically. Each chapter, or key, explains several concepts, gives "real life examples" and then has a section on how to "live the code." At the end there also key words and discussion questions in the back (it would make for a thought provoking book club). Overall, I learned some quality things, I definitely think that it's a good guide to empower and inspire confidence in woman. I felt that many of the keys were obvious (maybe they just were to me) and themes could get very repetitive but overall, I commend Nelson on creating a book that many women will eat up. Hopefully it inspires several generation of woman to do more with their lives.

I received this book for free from Revell Reads in return for my honest, unbiased opinion. ( )
  ecataldi | Nov 3, 2014 |

· the true meaning of "having it all"
· how to take better care of their minds, bodies, and souls
· how to achieve professional excellence without compromising their values
· how to find lasting love and purpose in life beyond their accomplishments
· how to navigate the sisterhood of women, to build collaboration rather than competition
· how to heal from past hurts, rejection, and life's inevitable storms
· and much more

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:05 -0400)

Every woman lives by a code, whether she realizes it or not. It informs how she treats others and herself, how much she expects of herself, and how far she is willing to go in order to find success. But is the code we're living by truly helping us create the lives of purpose and fulfillment we desire? Or are we sacrificing the deeper things for mere achievement? In this inspiring book, Sophia A. Nelson calls women to live out a powerful life code that will lead them to purposeful and successful lives. With the wisdom that comes from experience, Nelson reveals to women ? the true meaning of "having it all" ? how to take better care of their minds, bodies, and souls ? how to achieve professional excellence without compromising their values ? how to find lasting love and purpose in life beyond their accomplishments ? how to navigate the sisterhood of women, to build collaboration rather than competition ? how to heal from past hurts, rejection, and life's inevitable storms ? and much more The Woman Code is a way of living, of navigating life's challenges, and of interacting positively with other women. It's a way of pursuing our dreams and our deepest desires. It reveals a universal and timeless set of principles of the mind, body, and spirit that help women balance the demands of work, home, family, and friendship. The Woman Code not only calls on women to practice purpose in their lives, it shows them how to do it with grace.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,405,807 books! | Top bar: Always visible