The Planets by Robert Dinwiddie

The Planets

by Robert Dinwiddie

This book provides an in depth look at the planets, including information on their structures, appearance, atmosphere, and even up close photos of their terrain. The book also our moons and the moons of other planets, as well as the sun.

I have always been into space and I wish I had this book when I was a kid. This is a great resource to have all of the information you need on each planet in one space. Children may benefit from this book if they are doing a report of some kind or if they are just curious about space in general. I have to say that this book isn't for younger kids, more so kids from grades 3-6. This book is LONG though and is almost impossible to read in one sitting. It's more of a reference book to look at when you have questions. I am curious to know if there are more books like this one for other topics because it contained so much information.
  ahle | Dec 4, 2016 |
The definitive visual guide to out solar system. ( )
  Tutter | Apr 23, 2015 |
Any book from the Smithsonian is always a joy. This one is spectacular. The title is somewhat misleading in that the whole solar system is covered, not just the planets. The information packed into this book would be useful to anyone from scholar to the simple curious. While there are similarities among the planets, each of the eight is unique. Possibly, Earth is the most unique of all, and not just because it the only one inhabitable. Mercury is unique in that its days are longer than its years. Half the planets are rocky masses and half are gaseous. ( )
  DeaconBernie | Mar 28, 2015 |

Featuring all-new 3D models built using data gathered by NASA and the European Space Agency.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,411,994 books! | Top bar: Always visible