The Wicked Will Rise by Danielle Paige

The Wicked Will Rise (2015)

by Danielle Paige

I spent the majority of this book waiting for Nox to reappear. I won't shy away from that. This one seemed a bit juvenile, especially with Lulu. I'm getting quite tired of the Ozma/Pete plotline. This book seems all over the place and nothing really gets that accomplished. Again, I will read the next one, but only out of curiosity. (It's been a few weeks since I read this so I'm really grasping at straws to remember things to write about, which I guess says something of its own). ( )
  erinla | Oct 31, 2017 |
To be fair, I would give it 2.5 - 2.75 stars. When the third book comes out (I am assuming there will be a third because the ending wouldn't make sense otherwise) I will read it. I loved Dorothy Must Die, but this one was just eh. ( )
  Derby_Lane | May 24, 2017 |
This was a wild ride. I'm so very happy when I read the first book the second was already published and available to buy. I am amazed by how much I care for Amy, Nox, and even Mombi. I loved that Amy is separated from the Order for a bit. It shows just how capable she is on her own and this dark path that she's started on in this latest book. I love dark and twisty heroines and Amy is Wicked whether she likes it or not. ( )
  ilonon | Mar 23, 2017 |
Absolutetly wonderful book. Would recomend to anyone. Book pulls you into an amazing world and can keep you there for hours. Wonderful characters great story line. An absolute must read for YA lovers! ( )
  dmytrukc | Mar 13, 2017 |
Amazing sequel! can't wait for the next one! ( )
  miss_booklion | Nov 6, 2016 |
Emerald City was burning.

AR Level 5.5, 12 pts

In this sequel to the New York Times bestselling Dorothy Must Die, who is good—and who is actually Wicked?

My name is Amy Gumm—and I'm the other girl from Kansas.

After a tornado swept through my trailer park, I ended up in Oz.

But it wasn't like the Oz I knew from books and movies. Dorothy had returned, but she was now a ruthless dictator. Glinda could no longer be called the Good Witch. And the Wicked Witches who were left? They'd joined forces as the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked, and they wanted to recruit me.

My mission?

Kill Dorothy.

Except my job as assassin didn't work out as planned. Dorothy is still alive. The Order has vanished. And the home I couldn't wait to leave behind might be in danger.

Somehow, across a twisted and divided land, I have to find the Order, protect the true ruler of Oz, take Dorothy and her henchmen down—and try to figure out what I'm really doing here.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:42 -0400)

Amy's job as assassin didn't work out as planned. Dorothy is still alive. The Order has vanished. And the home she couldn't wait to leave behind might be in danger.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,417,415 books! | Top bar: Always visible