Sweep in Peace by Ilona Andrews

Sweep in Peace (edition 2016)

by Ilona Andrews

Member:jjmcgaffey
Title:Sweep in Peace
Authors:Ilona Andrews
Info:NYLA
Collections:ebooks, Working on
Tags:!Po, Fic, SF, _import171011, __make_cover

Sweep in Peace by Ilona Andrews

Excellent entry in the innkeeper series. It was very hard to put down when I started to read it. Lots of suspense and action. Fun characters. There was even an entry from The Edge books, George Camarine. I will read any future books in this series for sure. I have become a serious Ilona Andrews fan. ( )
  phyllis2779 | Aug 5, 2018 |
Really enjoyed the online read! ( )
  sweetfe | Jun 6, 2018 |
Sweep in Peace
4 Stars
Series note: While this is book #2 in the Innkeeper Chronicles, several characters from The Edge series feature prominently.

In this installment, Dina Demille, the Innkeeper, is approached by a representative of the galactic arbitrators to host a peace summit between three waring factions. Each of the three species has its own reasons for seeking the peace accords, but finding common ground proves elusive.

While the twists and turns of the story are compelling enough, and there are some emotional as well as hilarious moments, Sweep in Peace fails to truly resonate. This may be due to my general dislike of Science-Fiction, but it is more than likely the result of two main problems. First, both the world building and the events of the previous books are unnecessarily rehashed, and second, there is virtually no character development for any of the protagonists. This is unfortunate as they are all very intriguing and there is definitely room for growth here, especially with regard to Dina and Sean's relationship, which is neglected throughout.

Despite these issues, Sweep in Peace is very well-written, and Gordon and Ilona Andrews know how to create interesting characters, compelling storylines and action packed scenarios. Hopefully the next installments will build on the solid foundation that has been established so far. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
I created a new shelf, in honor of this book. I named the shelf, "knocked-me-on-my-ass."
I am in awe. I am almost speechless, which doesn't bode well for writing a review.
I need to give you a bit ot context for you to understand how thoroughly this booked knocked me on my ass. I have been devouring books from a very young age. By most standards I am smart. I see plot twists coming from a mile a way. Big reveals don't always really have much effect on my because I have already guessed it 10 chapters ago.
This is all to say that there was a big reveal in this book that blindsided me in the best possible way. I can't remember a book I have read where I haven't at least considered the possibility of an event that becomes the eventual outcome. I hope that made sense.
I almost fell of my bed while reading this. it was a beautiful twist. Perfect. It perfectly developed characters, and the foreshadowing gave little away, yet created suspense.
Sometimes authors will concoct a haphazard turn of events for pure shock value, but take little care for continuity errors it creates in plots and errors. This was beautifully concocted.
Maybe others saw it coming, and maybe I have overestimated my skill. Be that as it may, I thoroughly enjoyed be knocked on my ass.
P.S. There are many other wonderful qualities this, and the series have. I will touch on those in another review, most likely of the next book. ( )
  MichelleJB | May 10, 2018 |
SPOILER FREE REVIEW

I re-read [b:Clean Sweep|19090384|Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #1)|Ilona Andrews|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1385939257s/19090384.jpg|21910727] before picking up [b:Sweep in Peace|19504964|Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles #2)|Ilona Andrews|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1428084310s/19504964.jpg|27621610]. I wanted to enjoy the beginning again and be up to date. It's not necessary, but I loved it all over and it helped to refresh my memory of the events that took place.

I also made sure to not read any reviews before going in. I wanted everything to be a surprise and it was.

WOW! AMAZING! EMOTIONAL!

OMG Sweep In Peace had me glued to the pages. I love how much detail the authors put into their characters and world. It makes everything that much more real. This one was darker not because of violence, but because of the emotional upheavals that take place for the characters involved.

The Andrews team takes us on a heart wrenching journey of manipulation, deceit, and emotions. This is not a walk in the park. War has permanent consequences for the living and as a reader you can't escape this knowledge.

Fans of The Edge series (previous work of the Andrews team) may or may not recognize some characters that show up. I will tell you, I did not recognize them until I read another reviews review and then I was like "Oh My", it's not the happy story I was hoping for for those characters, but wow.

The Andrews team is one author that's a MUST READ!! This latest installment in the Innkeepers Chronicles is awesome, terrible, and will make you cry..

angels_gp | Apr 26, 2018 |
A man walked into a darkened room, moving on silent feet.

Dina DeMille isn't your typical Bed and Breakfast owner. Her inn defies laws of physics, her dog is secretly a monster, and the only permanent guest of the inn is a former Galactic tyrant with a price on her head. The inn needs guests to thrive and guests have been scarce, so when an Arbitrator shows up at Dina's door and asks her to host a peace summit between three warring species, she jumps on the chance. Unfortunately, for Dina, bridging the gap between space vampires, the Hope Crushing Horde, and the merchants of Baha-char is much easier said than done. To make the summit a success, she must find a chef, remodel the inn, keep her guests from murdering each other, and risk everything, even her life, to save the man she might fall in love with. But then it's all in the day's work for an Innkeeper.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,013,827 books! | Top bar: Always visible