The Sugar Ticket (Cindy's Crusades Book…

The Sugar Ticket (Cindy's Crusades Book 3)

by Susan Jean Ricci

312,001,085 (5)None
Recently added byUvi_Poznansky, JennyJen

Written in Cindy’s voice with her lovely, self deprecating humor and straight talk, this book presents the hope that having gone through two marriages in the past, the third time is the charm. Do we learn from past experiences? Can we change the patterns of our behaviors the past? How do we deal with the imprint of out past, which seldom leaves us unblemished, and find a way to do it together with our loved one?

In Susan Ricci’s snappy, concise writing, she takes us through an honest look at the challenges of the relationship, starting here: “During Jay’s courtship, I spent a lot of time figuring out how to deal with his emotional support, simply because I wasn’t used to it. Now that we’re married… it’s not something I take for granted.”

One of the major difficulties is sharing her ‘baggage’ with Jay. “Try explaining to your new boyfriend you have a handicapped brother who not only thinks he’s a dog, but barks and growls like one, too.” When that secret is out of the bag, Jay rises to the occasion, not only because his work involves mentally ill persons, but because he is a warm, loving guy: “I’m so sorry, Cindy. Why haven’t you told me about all this before? Is there anything I can do?”

The complications that arise from trying to balance previous commitments to her children and grandkids and to her brother Bobby with this new relationship with Jay, especially around the holidays: “Between doing what I’ve always done for Bobby and wanting to do what I wanted to do for a change, I felt like the taffy getting yanked back and forth in a pull contest.”

Heading for their wedding in honolulu, everything seems to be ready: “Our divorce papers, travel documents, receipts for wedding insurance, were packed and ready for travel. Check. Weddng rings purchased. Check. Dog sitter hired… Check.”

It is after the ceremony that the real challenges begin: learning to live together, to adjust to the particular sensitivities of each other, for example: “Our ex-spouses soon joined the taboo topic list… Since he has never uttered a nasty word about either of his former wives, this kind of make me wonder why he ever divorced at all.”

These words summed it best for me: “The Sugar Ticket is the sweetness of your present when you alleviate the sour taste of the past.” ( )
  Uvi_Poznansky | Sep 18, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,804,806 books! | Top bar: Always visible