ASK ANNA: Advice for the Furry and Forlorn…

ASK ANNA: Advice for the Furry and Forlorn

by Dean Koontz

Other authors: Anna Koontz (Dog)

172587,099 (4)None

Title: Ask Anna
Author: Dean Koontz & his dog Anna
Pages: 96
Year: 2015
Publisher: Center Street
My rating is 5 stars.
People usually love animals. There are always those who want cats only or dogs only and occasionally you find a home with both. I grew up with dogs and now have a cat, who has adopted us. So when the book came up for review, I just knew I had to read it! I laughed a lot. Anna is like the canine equivalent of a Dear Abby, except for dogs.
The imagination it takes to have pictures of various dogs writing to Anna who is a golden retriever was brilliant! The problems these various canines have and some of Anna’s answers made me just laugh my head off! There was one where a dog wrote about what a cat was saying and Anna’s answer was just classic! Though the book is not very thick, I think a lot of folks will get a kick out of how Anna answers her readers as well as appreciate the pictures of the many different types of dogs included. Those where Anna is posed are precious.
I love dogs and I do like the cat that adopted us. What about you? Are you a lover of animals or prefer cats over dogs or the other way around? No matter your preference, laughter is good medicine and this book brings it out, especially if read aloud with friends or family.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Oct 7, 2015 |
Fun and sweet. I liked Trixie's books better, though - her syntax was funny. Koontz's pages at the end were a little strange...I think he was trying to sound silly, but it was just weird. The pictures were great...there need to be more hounds, though! ( )
  4hounds | Oct 18, 2014 |

Koontz, Deanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Koontz, AnnaDogsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Dean Koontz is one of the world's biggest selling authors. Anna Koontz is Dean's remarkable dog who is poised to follow in her dad's footsteps with her first advice book for canines. She will soon become canine columnist to the world!

Between the pages of ASK ANNA, you'll find advice better than a belly rub. Dogs everywhere run to Anna with their questions about love, food, proper etiquette in the dog park, sibling rivalry, how to cope with lazy owners and a myriad of other topics. Anna's advice solves all problems and brightens Every Dog's Day. Anna begins her counseling by putting dogs at ease. Her motto: 'Let Me Hold Your Paw and Help.' Anna's advice to owners is 'Read this book and get a clue about what your dogs really think of you!' Here's a special message from Anna: Dear Person, My dad, Dean Koontz, is a writer - as you might be aware. For years his first golden retriever, Trixie, also wrote books, which sometimes made the bestseller list. I vowed never to be a writer. I barely have enough time for all the belly rubs, ball chasing, bird chasing, tug-of-war, and posing cutely that is required of me as a golden retriever, not to mention all of my non-professional interests such as the new translation of Proust that I have undertaken, and learning to pilot a hot-air balloon. Nevertheless, I have written a book of advice for dogs. It's not a matter of ego, which anyone who knows a golden retriever will attest. It's not about money, because all the earnings I recieve from ASK ANNA will be given to Canine Companions for Independence, which provides assistance dogs for people with disabilities. What it's about is giving back to my community - which I feel obliged to do especially because of all the park grass I've ruined with little round brown spots. Thank you for your support.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,430,761 books! | Top bar: Always visible