A Letter to My Cat: Notes to Our Best…

A Letter to My Cat: Notes to Our Best Friends

by Lisa Erspamer

2015 (1) 5-stars (1) CatCon purchase (1) cats (3) feel-good (1) hclib (1) jan 2015 (1) letters (1) library (1) Los Angeles (1) NF (1) non-fiction (4) pets (1) signed (1) to-read (1) vet tech (1)

Ah-mazing. Anyone who owns or loves cats will not be able to read these letters from cat owners to their cats without tears coming to their eyes. I presently have 3 cats - Duke, Bennie and The Bug - and I love them dearly. And I love this book. ( )
  flourgirl49 | Apr 2, 2015 |
This book is a love letter, filled with love letters. It is for everyone who has ever loved or been loved by a cat. A loving tribute, it illuminates the bond between human and feline in a very open and sincere way.

Each letter is written by an actual “cat owner”, though I really do not like that term. The authors are from a variety of backgrounds, occupations, and walks of life. Speaking to their cat, they lovingly discuss their relationship, events, what the cat has added or given to their life. The letters describe in all honesty how this special bond has affected the human’s life, even making them a better person.

In addition, a beautiful photograph of the cat accompanies the letter. The photos further reflect the uniqueness of the individual cat. This is a visual reminder that each cat is different in its own wonderful way. In this same way, each bond and experience is unique and special.

This beautiful book is a loving testament to this amazing human/feline bond. It is a meaningful, heartfelt and genuine book to be cherished forever. Thankfully, over the years I have done this with my “own” cats, as well as my dogs. I recommend you do, too. And I sincerely recommend this book. ( )
1 vote nightprose | Dec 22, 2014 |
A Letter to My Cat, is one of those rare books that will make you want to cry, but in a good way. This book collects letters written from humans to their furry, feline friends. Accompanied by lovely photos of cats, humans from all walks of life write to their cats, revealing how these wonderful companions have changed their lives. Some letters are about the ways that cats force their humans to attend to their needs and wants. Some talk about how, when one comes to love a cat, one stops caring so much about cat hair on clothes and torn up furniture. Others speak about the things that cats do that drive us crazy, but which we secretly love. Others delve into how some cats (both figuratively and literally) have saved their owners' lives.
Any cat lover will be able to relate to the feelings and thoughts described by these writers. Many readers will laugh, as they realize that the (seemingly ridiculous) things that other cat owners do to make their cats happy are things that the readers do, as well. Even those who are animal lovers, even if they are not cat people, will be able to relate to many of the emotions described in the book. Of course, those who are not animal lovers will find many of the writers insane but, since the audience is meant to be cat lovers, that should not be a problem. I would definitely recommend this book for any animal/cat lover.
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the publisher through the Blogging For Books program in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  RosieSunshine | Dec 3, 2014 |

The follow-up to A Letter to My Dog takes on cats, with celebrities writing letters of love and gratitude to their beloved pet felines.

Alluring, elusive, mysterious—the cats in our lives are not always easy to get to know. But as with all pets, they have unique personalities and stories to tell. Alongside beautiful four-color photos of their cats, A Letter to My Cat collects personal letters from celebrities offering love and gratitude for all that their cats bring to their lives.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:02 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,108,658 books! | Top bar: Always visible