The Heir by Kiera Cass

The Heir

by Kiera Cass

Recently added byprivate library, Ally21356, Halla.Aj, Teri-Ann, Jill41, DottieSelf, bookselfish, JLynnMitchell, epkasal

English (59)  Dutch (1)  All (60)
Not going to lie, I don't really like Eadyln. She's not nearly as likable as her mother but for some reason I feel for her. She's so stubborn and at times quite fake but she eventually grew on me. Sometimes I just wanted to shake her and tell her to wise up and think about herself and her own happiness for once. That being said, I can't wait until next year to find who she ends up with and I hope it's Erik or Kile. Truthfully, these books are not the best written stories but they are interesting. I can say I did enjoy the others more than this one. I found Eadyln's parents romance must more interesting to read. ( )
  samanthamholt | Nov 21, 2017 |
Another fun read in the series. Yeah, this book series is a bit on the girly side, in addition to the dystopian and serious political elements, but there's nothing wrong with that. Kiera Cass built a very serious and well-established fictional universe here, which is well worth reading about. And, this time around, we get to experience a new generation of the story. ( )
  TiffanyAK | Nov 14, 2017 |
I was REALLY hesitant to read this one, and up to 40 pages in I still really didn't like Eady. She is shown as INCREDIBLY shallow and egocentric. After a while, I got to she her limitations (precisely how she limits herself- emotion/feeling-wise) and I started to feel sorry for her. She's backed herself in to a corner of sorts and has no idea how to get out of it. And on top of that she's forced to try and make emotional connections with at least one of the suitors vying for her heart. there is a bit of a cliffhanger on this one, with much upheaval directly preceding it, so yes, I'll be waiting to see what happens to Eady (and Kile - he's my favorite, though I'm sure Hale is cute, too). ;] ( )
  lollyletsgo | Aug 10, 2017 |
Back to the world of the Selection. Flash-forward 20 years, with America and Maxon still going strong.

I thought it was an interesting twist on the traditional 'boy chooses girl' version of The Bachelor. Now we get The Bachelorette! Unfortunately, Eadlyn was a brat, and started the book as fairly unlikeable. But she was somewhat redeemed by the end, which is a cliffhanger, by the way, so be prepared for a book 5.

Not super great, but I'm going to give it 3 stars because I didn't hate Eadlyn by the end. ( )
  GovMarley | Aug 6, 2017 |
Amazing! It ends with a striking moment and it left me crying. ( )
  MarinMWay | Jul 17, 2017 |
To Jim and Jenny Cass.
For lots of reasons, but mostly for making Callaway.
I could not hold my breath for seven minutes.

Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won Prince Maxon's heart. Now the time has come for Princess Eadlyn to hold a Selection of her own. Eadlyn doesn't expect her Selection to be anything like her parents' fairy-tale love story ... but as the competition begins, she may discover that finding her own happily ever after isn't as impossible as she's always thought.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,710,079 books! | Top bar: Always visible