The Heir (The Selection) by Kiera Cass

The Heir (The Selection) (edition 2016)

by Kiera Cass (Author)

Member:UWBCLibrary
Title:The Heir (The Selection)
Authors:Kiera Cass (Author)
Info:HarperTeen (2016), Edition: Reprint, 384 pages

The Heir by Kiera Cass

English (57)  Dutch (1)  All (58)
I was REALLY hesitant to read this one, and up to 40 pages in I still really didn't like Eady. She is shown as INCREDIBLY shallow and egocentric. After a while, I got to she her limitations (precisely how she limits herself- emotion/feeling-wise) and I started to feel sorry for her. She's backed herself in to a corner of sorts and has no idea how to get out of it. And on top of that she's forced to try and make emotional connections with at least one of the suitors vying for her heart. there is a bit of a cliffhanger on this one, with much upheaval directly preceding it, so yes, I'll be waiting to see what happens to Eady (and Kile - he's my favorite, though I'm sure Hale is cute, too). ;] ( )
  lollyletsgo | Aug 10, 2017 |
Back to the world of the Selection. Flash-forward 20 years, with America and Maxon still going strong.

I thought it was an interesting twist on the traditional 'boy chooses girl' version of The Bachelor. Now we get The Bachelorette! Unfortunately, Eadlyn was a brat, and started the book as fairly unlikeable. But she was somewhat redeemed by the end, which is a cliffhanger, by the way, so be prepared for a book 5.

Not super great, but I'm going to give it 3 stars because I didn't hate Eadlyn by the end. ( )
  GovMarley | Aug 6, 2017 |
Amazing! It ends with a striking moment and it left me crying. ( )
  MarinMWay | Jul 17, 2017 |
I really enjoyed The Selection trilogy and had my doubts that I would enjoy a spin-off series. Shockingly, I think I may have enjoyed this more than all of the other books! I like that there isn't a set romance in place. I like that the main character isn't completely obsessed with romance and finding "the one." I did not like how bratty the main character could be. If you enjoyed The Selection Trilogy, then this is one not to be missed! ( )
  Emma_Manolis | Jun 27, 2017 |
The Heir is about Americas daughter Eadlyn ( )
  lucyd.bg3 | Jun 2, 2017 |
Für Jim und Jennie Cass.
Aus vielerlei Gründen,
aber hauptsächlich wegen Callaway.
I could not hold my breath for seven minutes.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,935,444 books! | Top bar: Always visible