Had To Be You by Juliet Chatham

Had To Be You

by Juliet Chatham

511,436,638 (3)None

I received a digital copy of this book from YA Bound Book Tours as part of the blog tour in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. The content of this review is only my OWN opinion and was not compensated by anyone.

This story is about Rory Finn as she trek back to the hometown where she left behind her past romance, Matt, and determined to win him back. Problem is, she only got 3 weeks before Matt's wedding! Will she get to finally tell Matt how she truly feels? Will she ruin someone else's wedding for her own ease? Or Will she keep her feelings locked away and go back to her successful career in New York?

Had To Be You is a book that will teach you how to treasure relationships, loved ones and how NOT to jump into unweighed decisions that will change your life forever.

I liked the story in a way that its lesson really apply well in reality. The concept--it's brilliant. The fine transition of present and past in each chapter, shows the after and before situation of Rory and Matt's relationship.

Even so, I feel that this book is not strong enough for me. I was still looking for something from the main characters. The origin of Rory's commitment issue is indeed indicated, but never showcased more. I feel that Rory's family background/situation should at least been given a few more chapters to pose a better strength for the story.

Their romance captured a very nice telling, but it wasn't enough poke for me to feel. But even if that is the case, reading Had To Be You had been a good enjoyable read.

This book is recommended to New Adult readers, who are looking for sensual romance (This got plenty of that scenes!), and are easily swooned by good and loyal guys like Matt. ( )
  Kristelle_Linawan | Aug 31, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,158,167 books! | Top bar: Always visible