Lifeline by Kit Power

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byFrankErrington

No tags.

Review copy

Kit Power is a horror writer from the UK whose in you face style is beginning to grow on me. In his newest novella, Lifeline, Frank is in trouble when he is knocked from his bike and dragged into the house of a madman who wants to do terrible things to him and watch him die. Just for kicks.

As the reality of the situation manifests itself in Frank's mind you can feel his desperation growing. Power's description of the torture of his captive is, at times, truly disturbing and yet, at other times there's even a lightness to his prose. ""I grit my teeth and he must see the tension in my jaw because he laughs as he pushes my chin, turning my head sideways. 'Try not to squirm too much. I don't want you to lose an eye.' The 'yet' is silent."

Lifeline, also includes the first chapter of Kit' s novella, The Debt, a story which features excellent pacing and is another where you can feel the rising panic of the protagonist as he slowly realizes the gravity of the situation he's gotten himself into.

Kit Power is a writer worth keeping an eye on, particularly if you like horror that doesn't hold back.

Self published, Lifeline will be available from Amazon.com on August 16th, 2014. You can read this one for FREE if you subscribe to Kindle Unlimited.

Recommended, but not for the faint heart and definitely for adults only. ( )
  FrankErrington | Aug 15, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,750,180 books! | Top bar: Always visible