The Lost (Witch & Wizard) by James Patterson

The Lost (Witch & Wizard)

by James Patterson

From the book cover

The Wizard is Lost.
The Witch is Angry.
The Enemy is Relentless.
They will never see the end coming...

I must say that when I started this book I was a little over what felt like the same plot: Evil Adult tries to control the city & control magic, Evil outsider wizard threatens the city, the Witch & Wizard save the day. But, I ended up really enjoying this book.

Darrius is the evil wizard and he is a great character. Some of the chapters are told from his point of view so we get to see inside his warped mind. Whit's motivations are a little hard to understand at points. He makes a huge decision without seeming to put much thought into it and then regrets it later - as we as readers knew he would. Wisty is the same firebrand character who never thinks before she acts but still manages to survive. There are a couple of characters in this book that I didn't expect to see again. This book brings together elements from all the previous books and finally ties them all together. There are some unexpected twists and surprises toward the end of the book.

Recommended to:
Overall a great series for middle grades and young adults, especially if you like Patterson's style and magical worlds. ( )
  Jadedog13 | Feb 3, 2016 |
Okay, so this series is terrible. I only keep reading them because I've read every novel with James Patterson's name on it. Thinking I should stop doing that. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0316207705, Hardcover)

James Patterson brings the fifth and final book in the bestselling Witch & Wizard saga to a head by exposing the nature of power-and what it means for the heroes that have it.

Whit and Wisty Allgood have fought and defeated their world's most pernicious threats: the evil dictator, The One Who Is The One, as well as his wicked father and son. But just as the heroic witch and wizard start to settle into their new roles in governance, a deadly crime wave grips their city, with all signs pointing to a magical mastermind every bit as powerful and heartless as The One. Now the siblings find themselves persecuted as the city turns against all those who possess magic. They're questioning everything, including each other and their abilities. Can they confront the citizens' growing hostility and their own doubts in time to face the new enemy barreling toward their gates?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:37 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,022,049 books! | Top bar: Always visible